Sign in to follow this  
Lauren25

Spread the Word

I was shocked that BSL is not a worldwide language - we really do need to spread the message and knowledge. Only 151,000 people use this in the UK. Wouldn't it be great if we found a way to share the knowledge and make a real difference?

Edited by Lauren25
spelling error

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Just a quick hello from my lockdown location.  I've always wanted to learn sign - and now I've no excuse.  Since adopting a deaf dog, we've found we're making signs up for him to understand us......so my hubby and I decided - let's do it properly and learn BSL - which will also come in handy when we're at darts tournaments where we have to be quiet!  Also - we've recently moved house and there happens to be a Deafway Training centre in walking distance.....so all the moons have aligned and here
    • Hi, my name is Sharon and I am a teaching assistant in secondary school. I have a profoundly deaf student who has cochlear implants and doesn't need to use sign language at all but knows it very well.  I also support an EAL student who has bilateral hearing aids and doesn't know any sign language at all.  I also support a variety of other students who have various needs, some more extreme than others.  I've always wanted to learn sign language and now is the perfect opportunity.  How is everyone
    • Hello  I'm Alex, I'm 36, military and I'm studying the introduction to sign language, level 1. My motivation is to make myself as useful to society as can be.  I've had deaf friends and it has been difficult communicating.  This has been mostly in the fitness community, and I've noticed that even explaining a session via text is difficult.  This is my motivation, make life easier and more accessible to more people.  I'm heavily into my fitness and indeed my regiment prides ourselves on
    • British sign language has always been really interesting to me, when we got put in lockdown due to covid-19 I thought this was the perfect time to do something about it. I have also been getting my 2 oldest children to join in with me as I think it is such a wonderful skill to have. 
    • Hey everyone, I am Jodie a 30 year old stay at home mom with three children (B-7 G-5 B-9mths) I am married and have been for 3 years. I suffer with depression and anxiety and have done for 7 years in august (PND)
    • I am learning BSL as it is something I have always wanted to learn but honestly have the most horrendous time retaining anything new. (I tried to teach myself Spanish a while back... Also, I’ve never found the time to do it). I have taken this opportunity whilst being at home (due to current situations), to use the time to learn BSL. I am a HLTA (24 years) and a scout leader (13 years) and feel BSL should be taught in mainstream schools from an early age. My cubs love learning basic finger spell
    • Hi Sophie, I'm new too. I'm a TA in a secondary school and whilst we have no current students who sign I figured that learning to sign would be a good use of my time. I'm practising with my small children so hopefully we will all go back to school with a new skill.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker