Sign in to follow this  
Jenna Durdle

Introducing myself

Hi All,

I’m Jenna. I recently started working as a fundraiser at a school for deaf students in (sometimes) sunny Brighton. I am currently attending BSL Level 2 evening classes. Nice to meet you all!

Hi I’ve just started the course this weekend!

I’m Kay and I work in 2 SEN schools- 1 is a H/Imp Unit attached to a Primary. I’m a teacher and have been a Signalong tutor for 15 years but would like to learn BSL as a fluent language. Do you have to go thro’ all the official courses to qualify/ achieve accreditations? At the moment my vocab is approx 400 words! Would I have to start from scratch as it is a language rather than a Signing Support System, like Signalong?

Thanks ? 

K

Hi Kay, nice to meet you. 

The online course I am doing allows me to skip the actual assessments, as I will just do the next course with them. I only therefore have to do the level 6 NVQ assessments. Means it is cheaper for me. I guess it depends what you are doing it for.

I’m not sure from the starting from scratch but I did a baby sing and sign, and quite a few of the words are different in BSL, and the way the sentences are structured are different too, so probably a beginning thing would be good. Hope that helps!

Bec ? 

Hi everyone!! I’ m Edy and i’m attending a BSL course level one in London! I’m thrilled about it! Happy to meet you all!