Jay Claire

just newbie saying hi

im Jay, I partially lost some of my hearing in one ear my 30s a learned BSL as my dad and grandparents where also hard of hearing. Ive had a successful stapedectomy but still use BSL very rarely with work and trying to teach dad the basic. I made Level One BSL about 10 years ago so rusty!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi all, I'm very new. Only signed up yesterday and loving learning. I'm from Whitby North Yorkshire
    • Please get in touch and we can meet in a chat room.  [email protected] Thanks
    • Hey folks, 😄   I'm Carly,  I'm nearly 25 and probably like a lot of you, figured whilst stuck in a lock down? What better time to learn sign language! I've been meaning to learn for a long time as I am profoundly deaf and lip-reading is how I communicate 90% of the time. I started losing my hearing when I was about 4/5 and then lost the majority of my hearing when I was 12. Something got stuck down my right ear and went unnoticed by doctors and the like, so cut to 12 months later and i
    • Working with kids
    • I’m interested in sign language as I’m going to university to study social work and it may be needed 
    • Hi Emma    Also a newbie here. I am really enjoying it so far only on course 4 but i can defienetly understand more than i can do so video chats would just be amazing with others  
    • Hi All I am Kara and absolutely love sign language i taught myself from a book the alphabet when i was in primary school (many years ago) i am now 28 and its something i have never forgotten and always wanted to expand on. So here i am signed up to this course in lockdown  currently not self isolating as i work in A&E myself so am still a little busy but using this as a wind down method    Would love to get to know some others so please come and say HI :)
    • Hi everyone! I'm Emma, 17 and I have always wanted to learn sign language. I just think it's so beautiful and mesmerizing to watch, plus it could come in handy one day! I've just started the online course whilst under isolation and am a little intimidated! It's a lot to remember but I'm loving it (especially loving the sign for Scotland - makes me giggle every time, anyone else think of Ross from Friends playing the  bagpipes when they do it?) . Anyway, hoping to learn more about the deaf c
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker