Sign in to follow this  
Amelia Ralph-Lewis

Autism and Deafness Research

Hello,

My name is Amelia and I am a research assistant with the Child Orientated Mental Health Intervention Centre looking at diagnosing Autism in deaf children. To give you a little background about our study, we are recruiting families with children aged 2-18 who are either deaf, deaf with a diagnosis of ASD or hearing with a diagnosis of ASD. We have worked with international experts to adapt three autism assessment tools to make them more accessible for deaf children and young people. Surprisingly, current assessment tools have not been designed with deaf children in mind and many are often misdiagnosed or not diagnosed at all! We hope that this research will help us to develop better assessment tools, understand more about how autism presents in deaf and hearing children and support families in receiving the right support

Autism regularly goes undiagnosed or misdiagnosed in deaf children because inappropriate assessments are being used. We are currently recruiting:

-          Deaf children with autism

-          Deaf children with no autism

-          Hearing children with autism

Please email me at [email protected] if you can help out and I hope to hear from you soon! 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Hello. I just refreshed my BSL Level 1 with an online course which was useful. Sorry not close enough to meet but am available to do video chat if you're interested. Thanks, Rob W.
    • Hello all. I have used BSL off and on over many years and am really only a beginner. However, I really want to commit to learning BSL and am keen to practise with someone. I am a qualified teacher (senior leader) and have used Makaton/SSE before but wish to move to a school with high number of D/deaf children. I am happy for anyone to contact me who wants to practise or who has any advice for me. Thanks, Rob W.
    • Hi my name is carol i have started my level 2 after passing level 1..  4 yrs ago we are doing sentence structure i am bit stuck can any one help  Engish .. my mother gave me £20  Would bsl be mother £20 me   
    • Hi everyone, I'm staring a level 1 BSL course at the end of April. Bit pre-emptive maybe, but I thought I'd sign up and maybe get a head start and introduce myself. My name's Liam, I have no previous experience with signing, but I'm training part time for the next few years to become a counsellor/therapist so I'm also looking to learn as much BSL and possibly some Makaton with the aim of becoming as inclusive a therapist as possible.
    • https://www.highbuds420.com/ Text/Call OR Whats App US at: +1 (530) 715-8797 .Top shelf indoor medical marijuana,Distillate Carts,Harshish,marinol pills,Galetto 41, ready to go. We have more than 15 different strains. We have been in the business for approximately ten years now but been growing for about 18 years. We carry both sativa,Hybrid and indica strains. We have Chocoloupe, Strawberry Cough, Ak-47, Bubblegum,Purple-Skunk, Master Kush, Purple Haze,Banana , OG Kush, Fruity Chronic Juice,Cartridge ,Wax ,Distillate Vape pens,Hash oil, Concentrate,Brass Knuckles, MOB and Edibles. Other strains soon to come. We only ship to None Card Holders, Fully trustworthy, insured, and have references upon request. We sell to both Wholesalers and Consumers.. Contact via detail below: TEXT/WHHATTSAPP:+1 (530) 715-8797 Wickr id:highbuds420h
      Website. https://www.highbuds420.com/ Website: http://highbuds420.com/ AVAILABLE OILS AS WELL:
      Harsh oil
      Wax
      Live Resin
      Rosin
      Concentrates
      WAX OIL
      BUTANE OIL
      Flowers
      Carts We prefer that you respond by text or call only. This is how we can more easily keep track of our clients do to the large volume. Serious inquiries only please.
      Meet ups allowed to all Patients with a REC CARD OR DOCTORS Recommendations...
      We do offer discreet shipping to all states. Packages are Discreetly Packed in a double Vacuum Seal. double vacuum sealed containers to conceal smell and disguised packaging to eliminate any possibility of suspicion. No cannabis related information will be found on the package. Contact via detail below: TEXT:+1 (530) 715-8797 Wickr id:highbuds420h
      EXOTIC TOP SHELF FLOWERS CARTS AND OILS AT DISCOUNT PRICES website. https://www.highbuds420.com/
    • As weird as it sounds, I totally get this. I'm not learning BSL for D&D purposes, but one of my best friends who I play with is pretty good at it. I thought it'd make an excellent version of Thieves Cant or even the Drow Hand Signal Language (which is, essentially, very similar to BSL!). I'd definitely considered using it in a character too :D
    • Hey everyone... I'm just starting to learn BSL with an online course. I am very slow and I'm looking for practice partners in and around Liverpool. Prefer live practice but video chat also welcome. I'm hearing
      I have intermediate ASL so it's a little confusing but I'm making some progress...  Thanks and hope to hear from you soon
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker