Miriam.x

Another Language ♥

My name is Miriam - no surprises there & I learnt basic BSL many years ago, but never had anyone to converse with since.

I am EXTREMELY rusty with it now.  But every now & again, I surprise myself when little bits poke out through the cobwebs of my brain, when I am in social situations.,

For the last 4½ years I have volunteered at a local open-air museum & find that I am coming into contact with sign-world more & more. So, as I was raised with 'ignorance is no excuse' ♥, I decided to give my butt a severe kick & 're-learn' myself.

I originally learned basic BSL because I had already learned basic Spanish & basic German, so why not a third language :)

So here I am &, if it's okay with you, I would like to just meander around the forum for a few days, just to find my way around & familiarise myself with sign again?

ps - I can't find a sign which portrays the word 'basic' - as in 'basic sign language'

I also can't get the finger-spell challenge to work - it accepts my name entry, but won't allow 'GO' to be selected.

Edited by Miriam.x

There are   alot of Free  BSL  video dictionaries  online.. they are amazing.. You're  sure  to find  anything   you want.. and if  you dont   find what you need    then just  fingerspell ... 

Im delighted to support  anyone  on line  vis  my facebook pages.. YOu will also find  support and links  on my website....  Good luck  .. . maureen 

www.practicemakesperfect.org.uk 

im not sure if the  uploaded file  works.iits the first time ive done it.

Please let me know if it has  worked.. Im happy to  share  information, llinks  to  good resources  etc. 

Hearing times feature Autumn 2012.html

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• So a while ago I did  video for YouTube and have found it again. If you feel like practicing with me I'm open to helping out    
    • Cassie you are my hero! Thanks
    • Hi Alex, These may help... Forwards Defence Back (Last video):  You are correct about the sign for Black White Pairs Stay Close  (signs for 'near' only)   Also correct for well done/congrats: Well done
    • Hello, haven't used BSL since primary school, but have recently had some children who are deaf join a sports club I help with.  They have a translator with them but I was wondering if you could help me out with a few words so if they are watching us coach rather than their translator they will still get what we are saying Forwards (position) and Go Forwards Defence Go back Black (I believe this is moving your fist along your jawline?) White Pairs Stay Close Well Done (or is congratulations - thumbs up in moving in circles - good for this?)   Thank you in advance! Alex
    • Hello,  This year I have completed a level 1 BSL summer school and had a handful of weekly level 2 1-1 lessons. I really need to have more conversation practice. I'm looking for someone of the same if not higher ability than me to Skype on a weekly basis. I would much prefer a female buddy if possible.  Look forward to signing with you!  Jasmine  
    • Hello Sharon,  I started weekly level 2 lessons in July and did a level 1 summer school. I have no links to the deaf and signing community other than my current 1-1 tutor. Would you be interested in skyping once a week for a 'voice off' short conversation? I can try and commit to a weekly half hour slot or better still we could decide on a weekly adhoc basis?    Jasmine 
    • Hi all im Lisa, I work for a care agency and support a variety of clients, recently we took on a package which are a married couple who are both mute/deaf, she has dementia as well and due to other issues is struggling with her mobility, im trying to learn different signs that help with her care routine, for example I would like to print off and laminate some cards with signs on such as stand, sit, move back etc.   I'm hoping that if the sign is on the card along with the command then carers will begin to pick up bits of the signing which would be a great way of communicating with them.   thanks for reading x
    • Hi all, my name is Nai and I started learning BSL at the beginning of Aug 2018.  I completed the Introduction to BSL through 'British Sign' and am absolutely loving it.  Am keen to move forward with the next level and practice with others. x
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker