Laurie

Introducing myself: Laurie

Hello everyone,

I'm Laurie and I've been learning BSL since October. I'm a post-grad student in London and I really love languages and learning about their history. 

I've been doing an online level 1 course as it was the most affordable option to start with. I'm just reaching the end of that and really appreciating that you actually need to practice communicating with other people to properly learn a language. So hopping to start doing that more!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi all, I decided to sign up for this course since I have some previous experience of learning BSL (at Uni) and wanted to refresh my memory.  In the past few weeks I have met two Deaf people in my area (which is quite rare) and when I met them I wanted to be able to say more than I already know/could remember from previous study. I really enjoy learning BSL and find I remember new signs quite easily. The covid lockdown has provided the perfect time for some accelerated study!
    • Hi all, I have started the BSL intro course and just introducing myself- my name is Emma and I live in Sydney.  I went to uni in Durham and was lucky enough to learn some BSL there which I really enjoyed.  I have started this course now to remind myself of some basic signs so that if and when I meet others who sign I can communicate (at least at a basic level!)
    • Monday at 5 is good for me
    • That's amazing! Great help!  And don't be silly no need to apologise! 👋
    • Good evening, Really want to learn to sign this song but I am not sure on how to translate the lyrics into BSL. Any help much appreciated Lyrics below -   One love, one heart Let's get together and feel all right Hear the children crying (One love) Hear the children crying (One heart) Sayin', "Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right Sayin', "Let's get together and feel all right Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa   Let them all pass all their dirty
    • Hope this helps! PS. Sorry for the background noise.  
    • I have not long completed lesson three but there was a bit that said we had covered it but I couldn't find it anywhere.    How do you sign "are you deaf or hearing?"    Help would be much appreciated as I feel this is a pretty important phrase!! 😂 Thanks in advance! 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker