Sign in to follow this  
Samuel Rose

I am learning BSL because...

I'm a hearing person who is disabled and chronically ill, and have been since I was very young. I am also an artist, writer and amateur programmer that likes to create comics, games and stories with all my time cooped up indoors- recently I began a project which mainly focused on a group of disabled charatcers, one of which is hard of hearing. I started doing my homework to portray and draw this charatcer signing accurately (to my local sign language at least!) and i ended up really enjoying it.

So, whether you identify as disabled or not- you have my solidarity and I am eager to gain more insights into the Deaf community, as well as many other communities-- both so that my horizons are broadened and so that I can represent them as faithfully as I can in my art and stories.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• I strongly believe that sign language is a very important skill to have - being able to sign allows widening of my communication and also means I do not have to rely on others. I have worked in IT for 15+ years and would like to find better and more effective ways of connecting both sign language and IT.
    • Hi. Im currently learning the beginners course to BSL. Ive been self teaching myself through YouTube but thought id try a more structured course.
    • Good evening,   I achieved my beginners certification last week Friday. A few weeks ago I decided that signing is/should be an essential skill that I need and as a result I signed up to the course on the website and just went for it. I have worked in IT for the best part of 15 years (user support and projects) and part of my motivation for learning sign language is to find a way or ways to connect sign language with IT. Some personal info - i’m 40 years old, with an amazing 6
    • I am an ELSA/Emotion coach for a secondary school, I am hoping to learn BSL to improve my skills, and to use this at work.  
    • Hi, my name is Caroline and I have just started to learn BSL.
    • Hi my name is Sandra, I am a grandmother of 13, we are a very close family but sometimes it does get a bit annoying when I am trying to complete an assessment. They send me photos and messages constantly, if I don’t reply they think there is something wrong, this means I am stopping and starting! I type slowly anyway (my ipad is old, keys stick, school issue) so my times for completing assessments are not quick. I hope I don”t get penalised at the end of the course! I am hoping I will gain enoug
    • Hi Milly,  Lovely to meet you. How are you finding BSL?    Luna x
    • Hi Lailah,    Nice to meet you. I myself have started learning BSL and if your anything like me, I have fallen in love and feel like I cant learn enough?
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker