Sign in to follow this  
Elaine Pollack

why Im learning bsl

What a fantastic site! I am a nurse from Bury St Edmunds  I dabbled years ago with an evening class but faltered as everyone seemed to grasp it quicker than myself!This site is great as can slow things down or increase speed.Only been on site 2 days.Looking forward to when I feel a little more confident to practice skills I'm learning.Great to see all ages on here.Its not easy but so rewarding when one can communicate.Happy studying everyone.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Hi Milly,  Lovely to meet you. How are you finding BSL?    Luna x
    • Hi Lailah,    Nice to meet you. I myself have started learning BSL and if your anything like me, I have fallen in love and feel like I cant learn enough?
    • Hi,  My name is Linzie, although everyone knows as Luna and so now I kind of go by it. I guess she is my cooler more outgoing alter ego. When I was 17 I met a 4 year old girl who had down syndrome. She signed at me with the biggest smile and I had no way to communicate back except smile too, and my heart mushed a little inside. ok a lot!!!  I vowed I would learn sign language and like every 17 yr old I got busy and I forgot. However I have never forgotten her! I was furloughed dur
    • Hello. My name is Lailah and it's a pleasure to be part of this lovely community. So far I am really enjoying learning BSL and hope to get better. All the best to everyone who is also learning 😄
    • Hi Laurie,  I'm afraid I've got to drive to my sisters on Friday now. I can do Saturday morning? Or Monday between 5 - 7?  M
    • Hi.  I;m Beverley.  I've been trying to learn Sign Language for some time but am making the most of my time during lockdown.  We have a vicar whose husband is profoundly deaf and uses sign language.  It's very difficult for him to communicate with us so i thought I would learn so that I could communicate and make him feel more welcome but I will also be able to use elsewhere when needed.  It's a challenge but one I am willing to accept eagerly in order to include everyone despite their disabilit
    • Hi Jeannine,  So sorry. Yes, I was stuck in work meetings. I'm free for the rest of the day if you are? Or happy to do next Tuesday at the 3.30pm time.  Sorry again. M
    • Hi!  I am Millie, i am 22.  I started learning BSL a few weeks ago (previously had little knowledge from learning a small amount a few years ago. 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker