Why am I Learning BSL

Honestly it is something i have always wanted to learn,from the time i was a little girl. I feel that every person should have the ability to communicate with someone and if me learning a new language,as it be, can help someone feel connected then why not. Not going to lie though i am very nervous about making sure my fingers are in the right place but i am excited to keep learning.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi, I'm doing my level 6 in BSL. Would anyone be interested joining a Facebook group to practice? I share information or information that may be useful. I finding people aren't around here very often. It's called BSL forum.  I'm happy to join any other groups that practice too. 
    • Hi there! My name is Lauren. I work in a hospital and am trying to learn sign language as I want to be able to communicate with all of my patients where possible    
    • Hi, I'm learning BSL as my baby girl was born with bilateral hearing loss and I want to be ready to communicate with her however we might need to in future! I also want to be able to communicate with others in the deaf community better :)
    • Hi all, I'm Alana (she/her). I met my partner in July who is hard of hearing. They wear hearing aids and can lip read me pretty well after only a few months but I am learning so we can fully communicate in all environments and also their hearing will get worse throughout their life so it is best to learn now. They are also learning so we are learning together! I never had to think about accessibility before I met them and I am very grateful that I get to learn about their experience. Meetin
    • Hello,  i am a student and i want to become a doctor so i thought this would be a skill that could be very useful in a hospital environment 
    • There are so many reasons why I want to learn BSL. When I was little I was properly introduced to BSL by my mum, she learned BSL as part of her job as a child-minder. She taught me what she learned and I loved the language!  I always wanted to learn more but never found the time or anyone to practice with. I've had many jobs in public sector and learned that I could be more inclusive with my communication.  Being diagnosed with hearing loss motivated me even more to learn BSL. It
    • I'm Emma, I'm 27 living in London (and I love it here). I work in social media as a content producer and art advisor. I hope to be a curator one day! I love the arts, environmental sciences, animals, astronomy, horror, fashion, and makeup. And I love going for long walks!  I am hard of hearing, with moderate-severe hearing loss in my right ear (the sound in my right ear is too quiet and muffled to understand anything, it's pretty much useless). I've just started using a hearing ai
    • Hi, I’m Artio. I learned finger spelling when I was very little. I love languages - I enjoy learning foreign languages, computer coding, and I’ve been wanting to learn BSL for a long time but struggled to find and pay for resources. I work full time as a data analyst. I study part time towards a Natural Sciences degree with an emphasis on Biology and Chemistry. I’m autistic and have ADHD.  I’d love to be able to talk without using sound. Speaking out loud feels like a lot m
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker