Hi everyone. I hope this topic is where it's supposed to be.

Let me introduce myself,

My name is Pierre and I am currently working on a signing avatar for my research project. The avatar signs train announcements in British Sign Language. The idea is that it would be kind of a phone app or a terminal in a train station. I am partially deaf and I started learning BSL recently, so I know I still have much to learn in order to improve the avatar signing  (and my own). If you could answer the following questionnaire I would be very grateful.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=8l9CbGVo30Kk245q9jSBPWNZAdZJva9Cv7g43XIt1QRUOFhWOUhWTFM5VzhVR1dTWU5RMlMyVURDRy4u

Do not hesitate to write a comment at the end of the questionnaire, that would help me improving my BSL knowledge.

Thank you very much :)

Edited by Pierre

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• I'm in a very similar boat to you. I also have some issues with hearing/auditory processing as well but because I'm autistic and have panic disorder I can often get non-verbal when overwhelmed and it's happened during uni before, even, and it was really hard to deal with. Compared to other languages I've studied, BSL has not been that hard to learn for me.
    • Hey Lia, congrats on your baby I also just joined
    • Transcription: "Hello. Name me El and I'm student university. Sign Language, I think, beautiful language, and I want learn sign language." Hey everyone. I'm El (he/him), I'm 20 years old and I'm a uni student and wannabe polyglot. Whilst my passion for learning languages is a reason why I am learning BSL, I have some difficulties with hearing/auditory proccessing (not fully known yet) and I'm a semi-verbal autistic so I sometimes use sign to communicate if not AAC.  If I have time, I might consider taking a Level 1 course that's in my local area, as I enjoy the environment of adult learning from when I did GSCE french evening classes at college. Currently, I am learning from watching videos on youtube and using the SignBSL app if I need to look up a word. Also, feel free to correct how I sign :)
    • My 1 year old can sign all his needs to me eg: milk, tired, nappy, food. This is before he is able to verbally express his needs to me which I think is amazing. So I thought, wouldn’t it be lovely to be able to do parent and baby/toddler classes where I can teach them too! 
    • My name is Lia I have been a beauty therapist for 9 years. I had a baby last year and do not wish to go back to my old job and would love to learn sign language because it fascinates me and my father in law is fluent in BSL. It also opens more job opportunities up; I would love to do BSL classes with babies and toddlers in the future. 😁
    • Hi Tina, happy to helps.  What is your email address please? Kind regards Sadaqa 
    • Hello everybody, I'm Marina. I am from Russia and I am an English teacher. I always wanted to learn specifically British sign language to be more advanced in my profession  and recently I feel like I'm more in need of it. As the educational programme expands in terms of inclusiveness, it becomes evident that we can give much more to our students. They need to know that oral expression may not be enough to communicate. I'm intended to learn sign language and conduct my own teaching course of BSL one day, taking this course is my first step in a long term plan.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker