Hi everyone! I'm learning BSL because I'm a librarian living in London, and I want to make the access to my library as inclusive as possible. I hope to learn the basics so I can have generic greating conversation and then move on to full book recommendations!

I'm French, so I'll be interested to see the differences between British and French sign language at some point.

Hello! I'm also a London librarian, so nice to 'meet' you! I signed up to this course, as I did BSL (Grade 1) years ago, and wanted to brush up my skills.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi. My name is Alan. I live in Northern Ireland, I am over 60 and have decided to learn sign language. I am very hard of hearing but can hear quite well with the aid of hearing devices. I'm looking forward to enjoying your conversations.   Alan.
    • Hi,  my name is Gosia. I work as a teaching assistant in a primary school. I'd like to learn BSL because we use it at school and it'd love to be able to communicate with all the children. 
    • As I work at a company that create material for children, I wish by learning more about BSL I would be able to understand better how to support children with special needs or create resources that support them, especially when I used to work at a childcare centre where most TA would struggle with children with autism; through sign language, it allows them to communicate better and I can be part of the change that make it easier for anyone that would appreciate the assistance. 
    • I am Chloe. I work as a content exec. at an education publisher. I am interested into learning about BSL as I wish to make my working environment even more inclusive 
    • I'm Lisa I work as a paediatric associate practitioner. I've wanted to learn BSL for a long time and hope that it will help me in my job.
    • Hi I've started the British-sign online course. My daughter has a hearing loss but opts to be unaided.   She manages so far in life to communicate & learn well and relies on close distance hearing and of lip patterns. Now that social distancing  & masks are being worn she has 2 new additional barriers to learning & communication.  So I want to learn BSL to help her. I'm not confident or fluent yet but I've passed on a few signs I've learnt so far. Our aim is to reach a good level of
    • Hi I'm Kezia, I have always wanted to learn BSL but have struggled with learning other languages. I decided to finally give it a go and am really enjoying it so far.  Now that we all have to wear masks due to Covid I feel that it is more important than ever to learn.
    • I've been meaning to for a long time - largely for a friend from uni who is deaf (at the moment it's mostly a case of "we get our phones out and type") but also because I'm autistic and sometimes struggle to get my words out when I'm in distress so it's good to have an alternative!
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker