My reason for learning BSL

I have always been fascinated  when watching people signing on tv, and had promised myself that one day I would learn BSL. This time came during the COVID-19 when I was at home going through my emails, and saw BSL Course on Buyagift at a reduced price. I snapped it up and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the course. So I decided to continue the course with BSL direct. I also work with children and hope that one day this would come in handy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• I'm Vicky, and i've been thinking of learning BSL for years. I've recently started working with a deaf colleague who is in a hearing setting, so now is the perfect time for me to learn! I'm excited about this new skill, and i'm hoping to get my children involved in learning BSL too. x
    • I was introduced to BSL at church having had to learn a song using sign language, really enjoyed it so decided to continue learning which will enable me to communicate with more people.
    • Hello my name is Lisa I live in Birmingham England. I have always wanted to learn BSL to improve my communication skills as I work in a hospital. Enjoying it very much so far.    
    • Hi! My name is Shay Marie and I'm from Jacksonville, Florida (about 2 hours away from Disney). I am 17 years old and I am moving to the UK in June of 2025. I am going to attend college at the University of York. I had the chance to visit the UK a month ago and I absolutely love it! I went to London, Leeds, Essex, Brighton, Manchester, York, Bedfordshire, and the Lake District! I am learning BSL to help me with the immigration process to the UK as I hope to become a British citizen!
    • Hi, My name is Josie. I work in customer service and I want to learn BSL so that I can communicate better with customers who are deaf or hard of hearing.
    • 👋  I am learning BSL so I can try and communicate with an apprentice at work.
    • Hi, I am Lyn. I am learning BSL as I had a head injury a few years ago. I lost most of my hearing and my speech was impaired for a while. It was quite frightening as I couldn't really communicate with people although I could understand. I found people made assumptions about what was going on particularly Doctors and medical staff. I don't ever want to be made to feel like that again. Or, indeed , be treated like that again. I am now at a time in my life where I have a bit more time to learn so h
    • Hello, My name is Elle   I have been hard of hearing all my life and wear two hearing aids I have middle ear and Cochlear Hearing loss. I am learning BSL so I can hopefully be able to open up my world more. I struggle badly out and about being able to hear so I am hoping that learning BSL will open up my world more and I will be able to make new friends in the future too  🙂
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker