Sign in to follow this  
Bernie Cuninghame

Increase my skill-set

I am an operational police officer and i'm always looking to increase my skillset. I have always said that I would like to learn BSL and a couple of recent experiences at work have given me the impetus to start my BSL journey. Communication is a massive part of my job and on one particular occasion, the dynamics of a situation kept deteriorating mostly due to the frustrations of the deaf individual due to the communication barrier. I feel that learning BSL will better equip me in dealing with such like scenarios again should it happen again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Hi, I am starting to learn sign language alongside my uni course as I want to work with children with special educational needs in the future and this will be really beneficial for me. It is also something I have always wanted to learn.
    • Hope I've done this right lol. I'm Saff and I've just started to learn BSL because I've always been interested but 'never had the time' and since lockdown has been forced upon us I saw it as a blessing in disguise to finally tick it off my list. It's going really well so far and I haven't lost motivation but I am only the fourth lesson in, however I think I'll be alright because this course has been so easy to follow. If anybody has any tips or anything to help remember signs or just some advice
    • Hi, my name is Molly! I started to learn BSL when I was in year 5&6. I never carried this on going into high school, however have decided to pick it back up at the age of 21. I think it's such a great way of communicating and should be taught in schools all around the country. I didn't think I'd be able to remember much but a lot of it has come flooding back. I could really use some help practicing with people, if anyone would like to connect?
    • Hi Bethan and Emily, If possible I would also like to join the group to practice with. At the moment I'm on section 5 families. Gary
    • Hi, my name is Abi. I started learning BSL a few weeks ago - please feel free to offer feedback!   
    • I'm very new to BSL so I hope I have communicated this correctly! My name is Nichole, and my sign name is cookie! (signed: biscuit) If any of this is incorrect please feel free to give corrections! 
    • Hello, I have decided to give it a go as I love languages.  I do not personally know anyone that uses BSL, but having found myself with a lot of extra time during this pandemic, I thought that this could be a good opportunity to expand my horizon and learn something new. Also, I suffer from laryngitis and last year I had really bad episode of Laryngitis and was unable to speak for several weeks; now I wished I had learnt how to sign then as it would have really helped me communicating
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker