I am learning BSL because I find it a very useful skill to have. I started taking my daughter to sing and sign classes and we both absolutely loved it. Due to a job change (and COVID) I no longer am able to take her to classes, so thought I would try and carry on learning so I can teach her myself!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• Hi! I am new to BSL and would love to learn more as I work in a hospital and believe it would be amazing to communicate with patients who are deaf of non-verbal as it could be the difference between a positive and negative hospital experience.
    • Hi.   I am very new to BSL and want to learn more. I am a hearing person and work in the NHS. I have come across heard of hearing and deaf people and think if we can all sign, woukdnt the world be a nicer and easier pkace to live and communicate in.
    • I definitely wouldn't worry about it too much! I write with my left hand, but sign right hand dominant. Deaf people can still understand the signs (as long as you're making them clear) whether it's left handed or right handed signing. I would try to practice one dominant hand though, as it makes learning a little easier so you know which hand you need to use in conversation. Just go with what feels the most comfortable for you to use, and you'll gradually stick to one hand dominant. It's what I had to do! And I still use my left hand for certain signs when I shouldn't lol Really hope this helped you ☺️      
    • For what it's worth, he recently described Rose's dance as "a... may... zing" and used the "dominant hand held with palm towards stomach, moving downwards twice" sign for "amazing", but he did it with both hands and with three movements instead of two, to match the syllables of the spoken word.  On top of that, while the "amazing" sign has the fingers together, his wrists were limp and his fingers were splayed in a way that he would have criticised in a dancer, so overall I've no idea what a speaker of BSL would make of his effort... but Rose seemed to appreciate the gesture, at least! Craig tries a bit of BSL
    • So i just started learning bsl and i use my left hand as my dominant hand when signing.  do this because I learn by mimicking the the videos i watch directly. Using my left hand feels most comfortable but i write with my right hand? I also use my right hand to sign the alphabet but my left hand to sign number because. Also even though i would like to use my left i feel like right handed is easier to read? i cant do it the other way round Is this ok? And is it possible to train myself to use my right hand when signing to become dominant?
    • Hi everyone.  I am new here and a complete beginner.  I was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in the Great Yarmouth area where I can practice please?   Thank you everyone    Alistair 
    • So i just started learning bsl and i use my left hand as my dominant hand when signing.  do this because I learn by mimicking the the videos i watch directly. Using my left hand feels most comfortable but i write with my right hand? Is this ok?
    • Hello! My name is Tara and I am 23 years old. I've always wanted to learn sign language but struggle to motivate myself - are there places to chat with people or does anyone have any tips? Thanks!
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker