Hi Sarah,

I don't know if this is of any use. I did a level two on course mix. It didn't have any videos so difficult to understand. However did cover early grammer structure and a few new words I hadn't learn't on this level one course. Last week however I found a level 3 which I believe was still with course mix but said it had videos and you didn't have to have any knowledge of BSL at all, but some would be useful. If you go for it please let me know what you think. I am working through a book at present then looking for a level 3 course. Happy signing

Sue :)

Difficult to say. Really up to you. I think it was only around £19 so not a lot of money. The assessment was actually harder because it didn't ask "what sign is this" because no videos. It was asking what hand shape which again not very clear as the pictures and arrows not good. I would probably say go straight to level 3 if you can. I haven't relooked at it so you need to check that first. Otherwise level two I have no other advice, sorry

Sue

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• Hello everyone, I am new here, just started the BSL course. I have been looking to learn BSL for years ... with the lockdown, finally I decided. And I learning a lot and enjoying this online course.
    • Hi  I decided to set myself the challenge of learning sign language as I believe it is a valuable skill to have 
    • Hi Everyone, I have been learning sign on and off for a while now but have really gotten into learning again. My dad is half deaf and losing his hearing in his other ear now, however he doesn't sign! I think it just inspired me to research into BSL and organisation etc. I am also studying nursing so at some point in the future I will most likely use my sign knowledge in one way or another. Hope everyone is keeping well during these difficult times and I look forward to learning from these forums too!!(:
    • The main reason I’m learning is BSL is that I want to be a doctor. As a doctor I will have to communicate with lots of different people and I though it would be really valuable  for me to be able to communicate with a whole community of deaf and Hoh people. I also think being able to communicate in BSL will help me build trust with patients as I will be able to communicate in a way that suits them. Another big reason I want to learn BSL it’s that it’s really fun and I’ve always been fascinated by sign language. 
    • Everyone welcome to practice signing with Gary and I on Saturday 20th March, 11 o'clock. You can see Gary's video in the practice zone
    • It would be also be great to practice with other people here as well. I am looking forward to meeting others here.
    • Hi  My name is juliet Findlay. I have decided to sign because I am interested in gaining new skills and learning a new language.It is also a challenge. In these  challenging times he have a top to the new normal and also support those who are struggling.
    • Hi, my name is Charlotte and I’m currently learning level 2 BSL. Really struggling tbh. Especially following conversation, I seem to have a terrible short term memory!    If anyone has any tips or resources they used that was helpful, I would love to know. I would at least like to eventually get to level 3.  Thanks in advance, Charlotte  
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker