Hi from Chorley, Lancs

Julie Hilton

I am vey new to BSL but have always wanted to learn. I love meeting people and learning about them so this will help me meet more people. I have a functional disability along with non epileptic seizures, and I know how it feels to be excluded because of something different. The shop where I work does not have anyone who can sign, so I am wanting to change that too seeing as they want to be more inclusive and as they took a chance on me, I decided to be proactive. This is me introducing myself a little. I know I need to work on facial expressions. Please critique (I know I add an extra vowel to my name as well, but I'm nervous)

• Like 1

Hi Julie, 

That's such a great reason to learn too, well done you on being so proactive with it. Same here too really. I have always wanted to learn BSL and working in a GP surgery I feel it would make us even more inclusive to people who otherwise may not feel as such all the time. I have almost completed the course, yet still feel like such a newbie and getting everything to stick in my head with how things are worded different is something that is taking me a wee bit longer than I would like haha! But I am getting there. I would like to be more active in this community too as I feel it would help with practice. 

It's nice meet you and keep going with your learning! :)

P.S. Practice makes perfect, right? 

• Like 1

Definitely practice makes perfect! I'm nearly halfway through the introduction to BSL but this looks like a really good place to practice. Friendly :). Hate the webcam but it won't let me upload better video from phone. Don't know how to delete this one now I've recorded it. I will get used to where I am eventually lol

I've only just started this week so it's fresh in my mind. Might start forgetting some as I do more lol. But watching a programme I'll try do signs for things I've done or pick random words to fingerspell. At work I keep showing other's how to do some as well as family. They're already sick of me 😂

Hi everyone!

I have been learning BSL from the BSL online course, its great to see so many people have taken up the course too! I am interested in sign language as I am a primary school teacher. I did a placement in a school with an additional deaf unit. This made me realise how important it is to be able to communicate with everyone and to include everyone. I have been enjoying the course so far!

Lisa

• Like 1

We're all the same Rachel which is why this is a good place. I tried getting someone to learn with me so we could practice but no interest. And Lisa, I'm the same. I want to be able to talk to everyone I can. Both videos really good. At least we can do it safely here and critique without insults