help with voluntary work in a charity shop

i used to get taught basic sign language when i was 7 by my teacher that year and i have wanted to learn more sign since then and i have recently started volunteering for a charity called "Deaf Action" as a shop assistant in their charity shop. Deaf Action is a charity based in Scotland who's main goal is to help make a equal and better future for all deaf* people.  i am really enjoying learning sign as its so easy to pick up and i could also help me so much with working in the charity shop

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• I think i've done it - I have created a new chat room called D&C.  Here is the link    https://www.signlanguageforum.com/joinme.php?t=YnNsfHx8fHxzbGYtNjc4        I am available tommorrow or Thursday from 4pm, if you're not available those days, then let me know when will be best with you.  Look forward to it.  Donna
    • Hi Carole   I'm really sorry, but I'm not sure myself, I was hoping you would have been able to tell me 🤣.  Not a good start for the pair of us.  I'll try and have a look to see if I can find any information about it.  Donna
    • Hi Donna   Thank you so much for responding to my post. I would be delighted to practice with you. Can you let me know how to go about this please. Look forward to hearing from you. Carolex
    • Hiya, I've also included this in my intro post but I'm an early years practitioner who has experience working with deaf children and looking to expand my knowledge.
    • Hiya I'm Lana and I've worked 1:1 with a school aged deaf child during my career as an early years practitioner. I'm now working with a baby who is deaf and looking to expand my knowledge even further so they get the best start in life possible. 
    • Hello Carole    I would love to be a sign buddy with you.   I have completed a 10 week beginners course and need to practice.  I am available from 4pm on most days.  Thank you.  Donna  
    • Hi everyone   I have just started to learn BSL and just over half way through the course. I am really enjoying it and would love to practice with a buddy. I can be quite flexible in days of the week and time. So, if anyone here is ambitious enough or looking for a buddy, I hope you will consider me. Thanks, Carole.
    • Hi, I am new to BSL and so pleased I made this decision to to learn this language. I work for myself using different kind of signs and imagery, and, whereby I do public and group speaking.  I hope, if I am good enough, to use it within my workplace where people many enjoy my service and benefit from it. I am just over half way through the course. I look forward to learning from other people's knowledge and experiences. best wishes, Carole.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker