I've wanted to learn BSL for a while for several reasons: partially because I would like to be able to communicate with Deaf people better in the workplace and partially to be more inclusive in social settings such as church.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• I would just love to learn BSL. I also have a young niece who communicates using BSL and I would love to have a conversation with her using her primary language. 
    • Hi,    I’m Danny and I’m very new to this. Although I have an extremely difficult time learning languages I am determined to learn BSL. I would appreciate any help that comes my way 😊  
    • I grew up in the S.Wales Valleys. I was taught to sign the alphabet when I was very young by my wonderful Aunty Marion. I was recently at an event where I had a chat with a lovely Deaf man from Liverpool. I realised that I wanted to be able to speak more clearly and be able to understand the language better.  Upon starting this course I have realised just how much I recall from my Aunt's visits, and how much more I have to learn.  I shall be learning as much as I can before the next event in April 
    • I'm the wrong side of 65, and it's a challenge - but who doesn't like a challenge? My hearing is steadily getting much worse, particularly in my left ear, where I also have quite severe tinnitus. I didn't realise how much I was reliant on facial expressions and some form of basic, unconcious lip reading, until widespread mask-wearing made it obvious to me, and I became very isolated. Although at my age I'll never become fluent in BSL, a little knowledge and some skill will be better than nothing. I volunteer on the canal network - something I really enjoy - and it's somewhere BSL may well come in useful at some point.  So, for me it's a combination of the challenge, the hope of greater inclusion, and the potential practical application.
    • Hi - I'm Mike in Leicester. Completely new to this!
    • I'm not deaf or hard of hearing, but I'm a secondary school teacher with a number of children with varying hearing difficulties, and a father who wears hearing aids. I figure that as well as being fascinating to learn (I love learning new things), it's a skill that could be really beneficial to me too.
    • I'm training to become a GB sub officer and feel that learning bsl will help my company to be more inclusive to children with hearing difficulties 
    • I'm new to signing and can't quite figure it out !!! 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker