learning to support myself

I experienced a really heavy non-verbal day some months ago now, and as part of learning to be more comfortable within my own symptoms I decided to learn BSL to help support me during those kind of days. I've been sharing & practicing what I've learnt so far with my partner & our housemates too

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi, I’m Artio. I learned finger spelling when I was very little. I love languages - I enjoy learning foreign languages, computer coding, and I’ve been wanting to learn BSL for a long time but struggled to find and pay for resources. I work full time as a data analyst. I study part time towards a Natural Sciences degree with an emphasis on Biology and Chemistry. I’m autistic and have ADHD.  I’d love to be able to talk without using sound. Speaking out loud feels like a lot m
    • Hello folks,  Just joined this community here. I am a new Level 1 BSL learner.  Wanting to expose myself to as much new info and people as possible to help the learning process. Bye for now    
    • Hi, I'm Emma, currently learning BSL as some of my patients are deaf and would like to be able to at least communicate a little with them 
    • Wanted to BSL as I am deaf and a hearing aid user myself. pretty much all my family members are deaf wear hearing aids. Genetics ayeeee. i just pick it up so easily as i am a visual learner so it's perfect as I don't do well with spoken language.
    • Hi  if I posted my BSL practice topic conversation would anyone be able to give me some feedback please? …..
    • Hello I did deaf studies about 10 years ago and needed to recap it to use with a pupil at our school.
    • Hi,  I did BSL Level 1 11 years ago. I have always wanted to do BSL level 2 but it is very expensive. I love to arrange a video chat sometime to practice. 
    • hi all,  New to this forum deaf adult with speech (high tone loss). learning BSL started yestertday so looking to make new friends on here if possible?  
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker