COMMUNICATION SUPPORT WORKER / ADMINISTRATOR

remark.uk

Job Advertisement

Job Title: Living CSW & Administrator

Accountable to: Remark! Living Registered Manager

Hours: Full Time Monday – Friday (40 hours a week) Some weekend work will be required.

Salary: £24,000 – £27,080 (based on experience)

Applying: Remark! is an Equal Opportunities Employer (EOE) If you are interested in joining us, please send a CV and covering letter describing how your experience matches the role to Jonny Nelson:

Deadline: Friday 15th July 2022

Interviews: Week commencing 18th July 2022

About Remark! Living Remark! Living works with service users who are elderly, disabled, or have additional needs and simply need our support to remain independent at home, and out in the community. We provide experienced Deaf BSL Support Workers who engage with a wide array of clients, of all ages and disabilities. We also provide a range of domiciliary and personal care services tailored to meet our clients' needs and are fully registered with the Care Quality Commission for both under and over 18. In addition, our popular mentoring service works with young deaf people that need extra support in a difficult transition period. We help by providing positive deaf role models who guide these youngsters and support them in making positive life choices. Many deaf teenagers lack confidence and have a low self-esteem. We also work with them to build their confidence and develop healthier relationships with their families through our Family Support Service.

Principle accountabilities:

• Provide a timely and accurate communication support role to the Care Coordinator and other Deaf staff at Remark!

• Interpret for Deaf colleagues in the office

• Interpret for Deaf colleagues out at meetings

• Interpreting telephone calls

• Provide written English support to Deaf colleagues

• Provide voiceovers during appropriate meetings

• Taking notes at meetings when required

• Ensure effective administration of services within your remit

• Be a member of front-line staff, greeting clients and answering the phones

• Deal with general enquiries or re-direct enquiries as necessary, ensuring that phones are answered within 3 rings and all email enquiries are acknowledged or resolved within 24 days / hours

• Responding to clients’ needs in order to minimise complaint(s) or settle these promptly

• Contribute to the effective running of Remark! Living

• Plan ahead and shape Remark! Living's offer to attract, recruit and retain clients, and grow our client base

• Produce written documents to a high standard

• Maintain professional standards of practice and abide by Remark’s internal policies and procedures as well as external practices laid out by CQC

• Liaise with clients, social workers and other organisations related to the delivery of our work

• Use management information and research to feed into plans and promotional activity

• Support colleagues in other teams to deliver their projects e.g. translating, transcription, interpreting and support with language, and any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post

• Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Care Coordinator

Person specification:

Essential

• Be highly efficient and able to problem solve

• Level 3 Certificate in BSL or working towards

• Be numerically literate and have an excellent grasp of written English

• Possess excellent verbal and signed communication skills

• Possess excellent administration and computer skills

• Have experience in working with Deaf people and in-depth knowledge of Deaf issues

• Have experience in working in an office environment

• Have the ability to work on own initiative as a member of a team

• Have excellent telephone manner

• Have excellent listening skills – efficiently manage information relevant to various clients and their needs

• Have excellent interpersonal skills – build a rapport with clients and professionals from a wide range of different backgrounds

• Possesses a “can-do” attitude and able to grasp a wide variety of tasks independently

Desirable

• Experience in providing Communication Support

• Level 6 in BSL

• Knowledge and skills of the care sector

• Experience in working with vulnerable adults

www.remark.uk.com/work-for-us/living-communication-support-worker-administrator

CSW Open Evening.png