Rubix

Oh but why ?

1 post in this topic

Hi,

This is very similar (well cut and paste actually) to my "introduce myself" post.

I was born deaf but it turns out it wasn't permanent as I was just all blocked up in the ear-nose-throat department.  As such I still find myself lip-reading as I was 6 years old when my tonsils and adenoids were removed and giving my hearing back. (i'm over the hill now at 40) but still love the idea of learning. 

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• I think schools should learn BSL because here is a few people in my school with hearing difficulties thats why im learning it so i can help them and talk to them im only 12 though and need some help learning but i dont know if i can trust any one on here on video has any one got any ideas that could help me ?????
    • hello so im starting to learn BSL and im only 12 and i dont think there is any one on here my age what shall i do to make some new frineds that i can talk to and learn from?
    • Hello  I am new to the forum, just started my level 3 - would love to have a chat and get some practice with bsl structure etc Also, I am from the west-midlands and looking to join a bsl club if anyone can recommend anything in the wolverhampton/dudley/bham areas  Thanks 
    • Hi all. My name is john and I have just finished Level 1 and will start Level 2 in Sept. Would be great to organise some video practice, any level. Message me if interested to arrange. Thanks
    • I have just signed up to learn BSL, I am currently on maternity leave as a nursery practitioner and have always wanted to learn sign language to help further my career so thought what better time to learn than now  I hope your all well xx
    • Hello. I haven't been on here in awhile. I am eager to practice. I will be online the usual time 6pm BST  
    • Hi!   I am a high school student that is planning a project to create a booklet of basic signs in a variety of different sign languages around the world for emergencies used by healthcare professionals. I was wondering if anyone could help me with some BSL grammar. I just have 5 questions that needs to be translated, but still haven't quite grasped the concept of sentence structuring in BSL.    1. "Where does it hurt?" into HURT WHERE? 2. "What is your name?" into NAME YOU WHAT? 3. "Do you know sign language?" or "Do you sign?" into SIGN YOU? 4. "Do you consent?" into CONSENT YOU? 5. "Do you have any family we can call?" into FAMILY HAVE CALL?   Are any of these correct? I'd appreciate any form of help I can get! Thank you in advance for helping me in the process of creating this booklet for local hospitals to communicate with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community.   (Also, if anyone knows other sign languages: Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish, and can help with some grammar or words, please contact me: [email protected]!
    • Hi, I have just completed my Level 1 and intend continuing with Level 2, hopefully starting in September.  I am a music teacher in an ASL school and next session will  be teaching  An Introduction to BSL course which has been introduced onto the curriculum for S6.  I'm really looking forward to this new challenge and sharing BSL.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - last 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker

• Random BSL Videos