Hi, I'm Catherine. Born hearing, now deaf. I love BSL, always have from age 16yrs! Taught myself to sign. Became a communicator, then went deaf. I have little hearing and wear 2 h'aids.

Don't know how I found this site, but glad I did! It 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi, my name is Damian. I'm currently doing the 'Introducing British Sign Language Online' course with british-sign.co.uk I was intrigued by sign language for some time. I am a very visual, physically expressive person by nature. We had a small introduction to makaton for one of the service users with my previous employer a few years ago, and I became certain I wanted to learn more sign language. However, I ended up rarely supporting the woman in question and what I had learned dwi
    • Hi, I'm new to the forum, so I hope I'm doing this right!   I was wondering if some kind person would be willing to translate part of a song into BSL for me with a vid? My sister and I are learning BSL and would love it if you could help us out. It's for something we're hoping to get done during lockdown.  These are the lyrics:    When you're out in the open and you're tired of hoping I’ll be there in a moment I’ll be by your side When your scared and your lonely
    • Hi! I just really love studying languages, foreign and ancient. BSL, and sign languages in general,  are such a particular type of language that I could not avoid getting interested in learning it. It doesn't hurt that it's also very useful to know!  
    • Hi everyone! My name is Caecilia, I'm French but living in London. I'm an aspiring actress currently working as a restaurant hostess. I have a strong interest for all things relating to languages, and sign language in particular has always seemed fascinating to me, although I never took the time to learn. Now that I have all the time I could want and more, it seemed like the perfect way to spend my days.
    • Hello Everyone :) Similarly, I have signed up to learn BSL as a 1:1 LSA at Primary. I currently use a small amount of Makaton at school with another child but keen to use any free time to improve my skills :)   
    • Thank you. Hi everyone. Excuse my first attempts, it is easier when I don’t have an audience but I need to push myself out of my comfort zone otherwise what is the point of learning? I have always wanted to learn. I have also signed my kids up, who I am helping
    • good on you!- out of comfort zone! - and your doing very well!
    • agree -  and will start a zoom now if anyone wants to join -  is it secure to share email addresses - or should we get the BSL website to arrange this?
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker