Hi Olivia,

The best way to start to learn BSL is to learn the Alphabet (finger spell). Once you mastered that move onto the simple signs, hello, goodbye, how are you etc.. Just pick it up from there. There is lots of free videos on YouTube to help you along too. Although please do remember that each part of the United Kingdom may or may not have a different sign from somewhere 20 miles down the road, it's just like us having 'dialect' in English. If you need any help in getting started, don't hesitate to ask

Chrisy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hello wonderful people.  This week I am teaching my class how to sign what they ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know the signs for the meals, eat and foods but how do I sign the sentences? Would it be "breakfast I eat x" then "lunch I eat x" then "dinner I eat x"?

Thank you!
    • Hi again Libbie - Im done now.  Here is a link to some BSL teaching videos - followed bu a quiz.  It might interest you. https://bsl.surrey.ac.uk/numbers-dates/days-week Kind regards K
    • Hi Libbie - My name is Keith, 70 + and attending college for the first time.  Half way through level 1. I revising right now but if you'd like a FaceTime conversation for a few minutes I'll give you a call.  TTFN 
    • Hi I'm libbie 32 year old mum to 7 children 3 with additional needs! I'd love to FaceTime with someone if possible. Very basic level but wanting to improve. Currently learnt alphabet basic greetings animals numbers etc. Would love someone to sign with slowly and have patience haha. 07927993560 texts welcome but please no calls or Facebook libbie cannon 
    • Not to worry facetime is on 07870 783468, after 7pm this evening's fine - I'd tried to use the 'send message to user' on this forum to send you a message, but looks like I failed!
    • Hi Iain, really sorry I have missed your message and cannot see your facetime details above! Please can you send again. I should be free about 7pm tonight, Wed if that is good for you? Apologies again
    • From the age of 5 i have had slight hearing loss that got worse and at 14 + i was barely able to hear. After surgery to correct that at 16 all was well but the drs were very honest and said that by the time i get to 30 my hearing will be back to how it was and will just keep getting worse. My mother, me and my 5 year old daughter have decided to learn together before my hearing get worse.  
    • Hi Aiden, messaged you my facetime details, hope it came through OK
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker