Natascha

Hello everybody

1 post in this topic

I am new to this page and BSL. I started an online course a while back but life interupted and I stopped studying. I am a teaching assitant and just recently finished my Level 2 course of that. After all the assignments and work I had to do for that I realised I enjoyed that. I didn't know what I could learn next when two days ago in the school I work we had visitors one of them was a pupil with her interpreteur. And that's when I remembered my online BSL course.

I am originally from Germany and a distant cousin (possibly a third I find the system of cousins confusing ;)) is Deaf and speaks German Sign Language, but prefers when with hearing people to lip read. I was always facinated when I watched him sign with others but I never thought I might should learn it. It has been a while that I saw him, we email regular.
I am thirty, have a dog and a cat and are friendly and open towards everyone. Hopefully once I can sign more again I hope I can find someone to have coffees and sign. I am in Bridgend, Wales and would love to meet new people.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Voiced over. Throughout this video, I sign the ASL signs for right handed and left handed.  Oops.
    • I am a left handed signer. Always have been. Some people are lefties and you'll find them. tip, just mirror whatever a right handed signe is doing whilst learning. You'll get the hang of it. Promise!
    • I am on my iPad today and cannot use the VSL forums. I would much appreciate if anyone can Skype me.  Cheers!
    • Hi All, I posted an intro about myself and was after some help to sign a video for me. As it happens I launched my fundraising plea without the video on Kickstarter today - please feel free to take a look and I would welcome any feedback and or support. This initiative is in aid of supporting the Deaf and Hard of Hearing IoT Smartcities infrastructure. Just launched: - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/77736556/digital-communication-channel-for-deaf-and-hard-of I would appreciate all or any help in achieving my goal please
    • Dear All, I am a bit of a (hearing) tech geek and have a personal friend who is Deaf, therefore I understand a fair amount about the difficulties of not being included in everything. I have recently identified a revolutionary new Digital Communication Channel that has been approved and endorsed by RDA (which will come free of charge to Deaf and Hard of Hearing & friends and family) and I am reaching out to the community for support in turning this into reality. I am in the process of setting up a fundraising campaign on Kickstarter, news to follow soon, however as part of my Kickstarter Application I would like to add a 'signed' video to demonstrate and verify my working proof of concept and looking for a volunteer. My plan is to develop an intelligent Lifestyle & communication Mobile Application including an ewallet with some really exciting and innovative features, eg augmented reality (think Pokemon Go but not as a game rather as an identifier), Gamification, loyalty etc to name only a few. For example, you're on a train/tube and suddenly it comes to a stop, no station in sight and there is no apparent reason for this stop. Hearing people get frustrated when there are no Tannoy announcements as to why they may have come to a stop, or how long they might be stuck in the situation or in fact just any news about what might be going on. Deaf and hard of hearing people don't have a choice, they just have to tolerate this or if confident enough ask someone nearby what is going on. Sitting in a Doctors' waiting room, Hospital A&E waiting for your name to be called is somewhat useless to Deaf and Hard of hearing individuals. A hearing person might be in a shopping mall when an emergency announcement is being made about a potential threat, this kind of announcement goes by without recognition from a Deaf person (unless they are being accompanied). A hearing person is able to hear public announcements in trains stations and airports about changes to schedules, delays and even boarding calls, however these announcements go totally unheard by Deaf and a lot of Hard of Hearing individuals, again unless accompanied. In light of the Manchester Bombings it has become even more apparent to me that there is a definite need for this form of Digital Infrastructure and Communication. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please feel free to get in touch directly or on [email protected] This is a personal venture!
    •  BSL courses. On LIne.  I would recommend the online  courses on here  only   20   pound  for the year ... with amazing finger spelling  word searches  to make.. ...animated  finger spelling.... that you could  work with a friend  and   type  some  words   for each other  that  would  be  animated   and  check each others  skills...  Videos on here too watch and gain receptive skills..  If you want some help choosing  Bsl dictionaries... Please get in touch  ..I recommend Cath Smith's Dictionaries  and flash cards.. There are also lots of FREE  online  dictionaries   and  APPs  for your  Iphone, ipad, tablet or laptop..  Good luck with your  learning..  Maureen  from Practice make perfect  
    • Hi All.. Just wondering  if its  possible to  have LEFT handed   word searches  and animations   for LEFT handed  people...  maureen   
    • Hello Simon:  The Finger spelling challenge is just brill. The way it spells my name out to welcome me is very clever. Is there a way I can download the game so that I can practice when I can’t get on-line?
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - last 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker

• Random BSL Videos