Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello errbody, my name is Dylan, 25. In the past, I was at a moderate-speed-but-pretty-conversational level, having the awesome blessing of a deaf friend who I would regularly kick it with. Since then, we have moved apart and I'd like to expand my signing circle and get back to my previous level with this beautiful language (I'm pretty rusty now) . Currently, I'm using Lifesigns.com to brush up on my skills and expand my vocabulary. My main, main goal is to enroll into an interpreter training program by the beginning of 2022 and turn this into a career. :D 

Interests include: the beach/ocean, photography, woodworking, artsy fartsy shtuff, reading, food

So, what's the schedule looking like?

- Practice 1-2x a week

- Any day works other than Thursdays (I dedicate that to the beach)

- A time between 12pm-3pm or 5pm-8pm

Via what?

- Skype, zoom, googlemeets -- I'm flexible

 

Thanks for stopping by. 🤙

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...