Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello, my name is Elizabeth I'm on here to make new friends and get back into learning sign language. I was in sign club back in 4th and 5th grade other than that I have practiced on my own off and on. I have 3 kids so I have a hectic schedule. I'm usually always free to practice on weekends if someone would like to practice with me. I haven't had anyone to practice with in years so I'm a little rusty. What I like about sign language is the beauty of it the expressions and how you can really feel connected with someone. Also I'm 25 if anyone wants to know.

Posted
On 7/19/2021 at 6:25 PM, Kayla Smith said:

Hi, Elizabeth! My name is Kayla, and I am also new on the site. I am learning sign language and have been working on finding someone to practice with. I am in EST time zone.

Hello Kayla how are you? 

That is awesome to meet someone that is also looking for a practice friend. If you want we can set up a zoom meeting so we can practice. My email is [email protected]

Please email me at your better convenience Kayla!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Irsy Elizabeth Montesino Sánchez said:

Hello Kayla how are you? 

That is awesome to meet someone that is also looking for a practice friend. If you want we can set up a zoom meeting so we can practice. My email is [email protected]

Please email me at your better convenience Kayla!

Omg I am sorryyyyy! for some reason I though this massage was for me because my name is also Elizabeth. I am so ashamed right now jajajaja.

However, I still will be more then happy to have a zoom room meeting to practice. I am 27, Elizabeth Collins is 25, how old are you Kayla? 

We could even do a three person zoom practice meeting, with the three of us!! I am not really good at signing, but I am sign my best to learn. I meet an awesome friend, her name is Jenny and she is being really good to me. A lot of blessing to everyone.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 7/20/2021 at 11:37 PM, Irsy Elizabeth Montesino Sánchez said:

Omg I am sorryyyyy! for some reason I though this massage was for me because my name is also Elizabeth. I am so ashamed right now jajajaja.

However, I still will be more then happy to have a zoom room meeting to practice. I am 27, Elizabeth Collins is 25, how old are you Kayla? 

We could even do a three person zoom practice meeting, with the three of us!! I am not really good at signing, but I am sign my best to learn. I meet an awesome friend, her name is Jenny and she is being really good to me. A lot of blessing to everyone.

That sounds amazing. I am currently 24. I am still learning ASL so I am not that skilled, but I would love to practice. My email is [email protected]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...