Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello, my name is Kleen, I am 23. I have two semesters left of my community college to receive my French Associate of Arts undergraduate degree in 2022. I study many languages including French (obviously), ASL, Japanese, Korean and am starting Mandarin this coming fall 2021. Languages are something I enjoy, including their cultures and would like to incorporate them into my life by finding friendships and partnerships with people alike.

I am, in a way, desperate for a person near my age or a group who are open to helping each other with improving our signing since I am unable to find local gigs to meet people with the same interest. My ASL is still very basic and I have the most issue with forming sentences (verb, subject, adjective...what goes where) As friends, your job isn't to teach me, but to aid our development while enjoying the company of another. As learning partners, we may make mistakes as we improve our skills, but at least we can learn from it and move forward.

I have Telegram amd Skype which works wonderfully with ASL chats.

Posted

Hi Chelsea RamKissoon, My name is Dion, I'm advanced at American Sign Language, if you want we can set up a zoom meeting and we can practice Sign Language together.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hello All!!! My name is Kim, and I am just starting out on my ASL learning journey. I have always been pulled to learn ASL. I am not hearing impaired and do not know anyone personally who is, however I desire to connect with all and ASL I feel is my calling. I desire to learn, advocate and fully immerse my self in the culture in hopes of building true friendships and alliances. 
 

Be inspired and inspire!

xoxo KIM 💜

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...