Introduction, and looking for students to practice with

Debra Joy

Hello! I am the facilitator teaching ASL to four high school students using the StartASL program. We have class Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 AM EST to 11:30 AM EST. . Is there a small group of students or an individual who could video chat with us in ASL?

Hi Roy!

I appreciate your response! I spoke to my students, and they feel they are not ready to practice with someone.  Can we hold your name in reserve and possibly contact you later in the semester when they feel they are ready?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Hi there, my son is in 2nd grade and is nonverbal. He uses ASL to communicate yet he can hear enough that the teachers and aides just talk to him. They use a little bit of sign but no one in the school is fluent in ASL. Its frustrating toe as a parent to see such a lack of drive to learn it. I'm actually having a hard time with requesting it in his IEP because it's hard to advocate for him. I think it's an excellent idea to include ASL as a class in all schools. 
    • Hi there, I have a special needs son who is 8 and is mentally about the age of a 4 year old. We've know he has hearing loss since he was about 8 months old and so we started signing with him. In the last couple years his signing has come a long way thanks to signing videos and his need and want to communicate. He can hear at 40% in his left ear and a little better in his right so we definitely still verbalize everything while we are signing. The signing we are doing is more for main ideas b
    • I would love to have a signing practice buddy. Today is my 1st time on this site. If anyone knows of any other site that people meet on to practice signing I'm open to any suggestions. I am on Eastern Standard time, I live in North Carolina!