Hi everyone, I’m Kinsey. I’ve been learning for about 3 years now, self taught and then two classes. I have a couple friends who are deaf and HOH, as well as a family friend who is an interpreter that I have learned from. I think ASL is a beautiful language with a fascinating culture and I plan to peruse a career involving it.

Edited by Kinsey Martin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Hey guys check out my YouTube channel where I create multiple videos about signing! Please give tips and comments about what you guys think; here is a story of mine about using basic ASL at work!
    • Hi. I am Cecily. My sign name  is C initial writer ( like writer). I  have being learning ASL for um, four years. I have taken ASL 1, 2, 3 and fingerspelling. I don't have a class now. I  want to  practice signing with different people. That's why I signed up here.
    • Hi Veronica.  Welcome.  What resources are you using to learn right now?  There are a ton available.  I would imagine that LV has a decent amount of classes you could attend.
    • Hello, Community! I'm excited to be on board in this space and looking forward to what I hope will be lots of growing and learning to enhance my ability to communicate with Deaf community. I'm a 39yo, Queer, Latinx based mostly out of Las Vegas but travel all across the country a lot for work. I recently met someone that I very much want to develop a relationship with and is Deaf. I will have a chance to be with her again at the end of August and am hopeful to be able to carry on at least a 30 minute, enjoyable (to her) visit with her and without an interpreter by then. Thank yall very much for this practice space. In Solidarity, -Veronica