Kelly Rodriguez

Hey everyone!

Hi guys!

I'm 35 and hearing but took ASL through college and undergrad. I worked as an interpreter for a bit right after high school.

I listed ASL as a competency on a job application (I start Tuesday) and I have to complete a competency exam through Gallaudet and really need to brush up on my skills (it's been way too long!!!).

I love to find someone to video chat with the challenge and help me refresh my skills! Thanks so much!!

Hey Kelly! Are you taking the ASLPI Evaluation? If not, what competency exam?  I'm asking because I've recently taken an interest in the whole ASL levels concept and was trying to figure out where I stood(I'm self taught).  Anyways, welcome!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• That sounds like a great plan! I'll be there when I can :)
    • Hello, I am Amy.
    • I like your idea! I'll try to be there.
    • I've noticed there's an increasing amount of people attempting to use the chat rooms on the website to practice. I'm here to possibly discuss a solution. If people read this, we could arrange to have people congregate to the chatroom at around 9 pm EST two days a week. At this time most people would be off work and have a little bit of free time. My suggestion is everyone tries to hop on around 9 pm EST either every Friday (as per the calendar) or every Wednesday and Saturday, where people get two opportunities per week to meet others. What do you guys think? I try to check the chat every other day at around 8 pm EST.   My ultimate suggestion is 9 pm EST on Friday. What do you guys think?