Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all. My name is Brandon and I am five weeks into my first ASL course at the local junior college. I ignored school for a long time, so I'm an old man at 35 attending college with a bunch of kids! Anyways, I decided to take ASL because I've always found it interesting and it fit into my schedule. I have to say it's one of my favorite classes. And, like with anything, I need to find a place to practice outside of class. So I googled around and found this site! Shortly after I purchased a web cam and now I'm excited to stumble my way through discussing with some people. I hope to see people in the chat rooms, and I hope your patience is there since I am still pretty new.

Take care!

--Brandon

Posted

Hi Brandon!

I'm Crystal, a non-traditional student in Alaska.  I am looking for someone to practice with also.  You know Alaska, more animals than people.  Animal sign language is different than ASL and you need good running shoes with them.

If you want to practice, send me a message and we can go online.  

 

Crystal

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...