Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everyone.

I'm Stacey, 30 years old and Canadian!
I was 1st introduced to ASL when I was about 8 and my mother signed up for an interpreter course I helped her study and learned quite a bit but she got sick and didn't finish the course.
A few years ago I was working at my local YWCA and we had a regular hard of hearing client. I knew a few signs and was able to finger spell some things but decided I should start learning again. I have tried Memerise (not great course options) and follow some great pages on Facebook, but would really like to practice with people.
I have tried teaching my husband some signs but he's having trouble picking it up since I don't know enough to sign constantly.

I have recently come across some PSE videos and am having trouble with the different structure.

I am very involved in musical theatre & choir, I love planning games nights and escape rooms with friends, and enjoy genealogy, reading, and photography.

Looking forward to exploring this group and meeting people!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...