Sign in to follow this  
c the hearing person

NEED PRACTICE BUDDY! (beginner asl)

I would love to help you, i also need someone to practice with. I have been doing ASL for just a couple years and am taking a class in public school for it. but it would be awesome to have a practice buddy to help get better at it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Hi, sorry if the title didn't make any sense. I'm not Deaf or HoH, but people in my life are HoH. I was wondering if it would be considered disrespectful to Deaf culture to introduce myself with a word instead of fingerspelleing. I know name signs are very important to Deaf culture, and I don't want to overstep if it's considered rude. Example, my name is Kat. Would it be rude to introduce myself with the sign for cat?
    • Heyy! This is Rylee. I like to make new friends idc hearing or deaf important know sign language so I can meet and video chat also make friends too. 
    • I am a product of Detroit Public Schools. When I graduated, each person was supposed to do at least one year of a 'foreign language'. Not sure of a better term to be inclusive of ASL, but wouldn't it be grand if a year of ASL was offered?  In High School, at least, all the kids could have a chance to learn the Alphabet, Colors, Numbers and some simple greetings.  I have niblings (nieces and nephews) and I am sure to teach them all the IMPORTANT stuff: cookie, ice cream, bathroom, mother,
    • I am looking for deaf ASL friends in Philly, who can help me learn Sign Language better!