Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello! My name is Claire and I am in ASL 4 right now learning at community college and am planning on getting my bachelor's degree in American Sign Language and Deaf Studies! I want to become an ASL interpreter in the future. I want to be able to get better at signing with people (especially fluent signers or almost fluent). Because of the coronavirus, my school got closed down and no longer have any way to communicate face to face with anyone but would LOVE to chat online with signers. Please let me know if you're interested.

Edited by Claire Baker
  • Like 1
Posted

hello claire! i am in the same situation with school and what not... it is getting difficult to sign just with myself, feel like I'm losing more information than retaining. would you want to chat sometime? 

Posted
On 3/18/2020 at 11:15 AM, Claire Baker said:

Hello! My name is Claire and I am in ASL 4 right now learning at community college and am planning on getting my bachelor's degree in American Sign Language and Deaf Studies! I want to become an ASL interpreter in the future. I want to be able to get better at signing with people (especially fluent signers or almost fluent). Because of the coronavirus, my school got closed down and no longer have any way to communicate face to face with anyone but would LOVE to chat online with signers. Please let me know if you're interested.

yes

34723601_223028685159598_1700807577496977408_n.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...