Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Like the title says my name is Alan, signed up for this site because I have recently found a passion for languages.    I took some Spanish in middle school and I always dreaded it.    Since then I have fumbled my way around trying to teach myself several languages including Swedish, French, Nepali, Japanese (not sure if I'll keep up with this one), abit of Sign Language and Braille.      

I am by no means fluent any of them but would love to push myself to learn even more.   

I would say I am very much a beginner with signing.   I know the alphabet and numbers to 100 but am pretty slow.   I know a handful of colors and other random words.      

If you would like to learn with me that would be awesome.  

  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Hello! Im Raven and Im also passionate about languages. The one Im most fluent (and really the only one Im mostly fluent in) is ASL I would love to practice and learn with you, if you would like! The other languages I am learning or have learned bits and pieces of are: Hebrew (my most recent), Spanish, Japanese, Italian, Gaelic, Greek (at some point in my life), and a few more (can't remember most of them or the content Ive studied haha) Oh by the way forgot to mention that Ive been teaching myself ASL for many years and that's why its the one Im most fluent in.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...