Intermediate signer wanting conversation practice!

Hi everyone! I’m currently a student working towards my Deaf studies certificate and I’d love to meet more people in the Deaf community! I’m an intermediate level signer but I definitely need more practice with conversational signing! Feel free to message me : ) I’d be happy to sign with anyone!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Hi everyone! My name is Shona and I am an undergraduate biology student in Toronto, ON. I am currently learning ASL in school as an elective and it's been great but a little tough. I'm in my second year of learning ASL but am having trouble retaining the signs I've learned. I would love to become fluent and am looking for someone to practice with!  
    • Hey ya'll!! My name is Nhi and I am learning ASL right now in school. I have always wanted to learn and when I noticed that it was a class that I could take, I was SO excited. Unfortunately, I am a very slow learner and it is hard to make friends to help me in my class because of COVID. I hope being on here will help!!
    • I want to learn because I think it is a very amazing way that there is a language anybody can use without using their voice, not just that but it is fun, cool, and interesting to learn and do.
    • Hi!  My name is Nancy, and I’m new to this site, and hoping there might be some good advice here.  I learned finger spelling in ASL as I was growing up from a school friend who was patient enough to teach me.  Recently I was looking up the meaning of the word online, and somehow I found a great online dictionary that included pronunciation, meanings, alternate spellings and the ASL finger spelling of it at the bottom.  It was phenomenal, but I cannot find it now, after multiple searches.  I know it exists...just can’t find it again, argh.  I’ve worked in health care (as a nursing assistant, and a nurse) and have found ASL invaluable...so glad I learned at least the finger spelling level.  It has been invaluable. If I could find that dictionary again, I think there is interest for a lot of people who may not have been as lucky as I was to have learned it in childhood.  That dictionary I felt also raised awareness of the need to be open to learning this level.  I wish all dictionaries were so thoughtful!  Now that I’ve searched for this particular dictionary, I sadly see that is not the case.  Has anyone got an idea about this dictionary resource?  If so, I would so appreciate a link.  Thank you so much.