Sign in to follow this  
BarryS

Hello!

Well Hello everyone, I have decided to learn BSL after being introduced to it very briefly years ago as a possible aid for my sister, she never needed it in the end so I never carried it on but always found it fascinating. I am now trying to learn to better myself and possible volunteer. 

Look forward to talking to you all on here! 

hi barry 

i am at the moment studing level 101 i do come to chat rooms 

ve 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Hi Cassie, Thank you so much for that. No matter what I searched for nothing was coming up! He was totally being funny because I was leaning on my partner. Thanks again,
      cabemcdd
    • Hi cabemcdd, I believe the sign you are referring to is the sign for 'gay'. See here for video:  https://www.signbsl.com/sign/gay
    • Hi all! I have been on and off learning BSL for a few years as I've too much on to fully commit so I'm a complete beginner! While I remember most of what I learned, my friend did this sign to me last weekend while we were at a wedding and I don't know what it means. Can anyone help out? It won't let me attach the video as it is MP4, but it is the help for sign, except moving your thumb as well. So closed fist with thumb sticking up lying on outstretched palm. Move thumb from side to side. I can't find it anywhere on the net and it's really annoying me because I recognise it so any help would be much appreciated!   P.S Sorry in advance if this was my friend being funny and is actually a swear or rude word.
    • I think you could use this informally, with friends/as a 'home sign'. Or if you were doing a speech/presentation where you would be repeating the word a lot you could fingerspell it once and signal that you are going to use that sign for platinum. For any new people you meet though they probably wouldn't immediately guess what you meant if you used 'P' the same as gold/silver, so then you may have to switch to fingerspelling, just for clarity. I think in most casual/informal situations and especially with friends it can be helpful to develop signs for a word you might use often, or that is hard to spell Just an opinion/my thoughts from my experience though, not a rule for signing in general.
    • I'm sorry but I'm not sure there is one, you can always finger spell it if you need to. x
    • I don't think there is a sign for Olive, you can finger spell it if you need to, but I've just searched it up in the BSL dictionary and there isn't one.   Very sorry x
    • The sign for Alpaca is a bit like that, except you put your elbow ontop of your other arm and Do that sign, but with no movement.   Video here: https://youtu.be/G-txp8YBpCI Hope this helps! x 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker