I am learning BSL because...

I have started the introduction to British Sign Language course because I worked for 6 weeks within an SEN-D school and saw the benefits to all the children and staff of having some knowledge of sign language. I want to develop my skills in helping children with barriers to learning and those communication barriers to feel more included and able to articulate and communicate.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• I've decided to start learning sign language as I feel it's a great skill to have in life. So far I'm loving it!
    • A close family member of mine lost his hearing towards the end of his life, and he found it incredibly difficult and isolating. He struggled to learn BSL, but he (and I!) were always so grateful when people made sure things like films, speeches etc. were made more accessible for him. Working in customer service reminded me of how important accessibility is, and I am really excited to learn to sign!
    • I'm just starting out learning sign language, I learned how to finger spell at school but never got beyond that! I'm really keen to learn more and improve over lockdown.
    • Hey yall! Im new to learning BSL properly as i have only being doing them online on youtube. I am ready to learn my heart out and i love the community here. I dont have any ear troubles of my own but i thought it would be nice to learn BSL for anyone who is. I am not new however to medical stuff as i have 2 conditions, Loyiz detez syndrome or LDS and Scoliosis as some will know more about. I know how tuff it is to find someone who understands what im going through and i want to be the person that understands what deaf people are going through. I have already done Level 1 and im ready to take it to the next level. Thanks for listening to my story. Bye xxx
    • Hi, my names Celia and i am currently enrolled on the BSL course. Im really enjoying it so far and hope to make some good progress in the rest of lockdown :)
    • Hi Sarah,   I don't know if this is of any use. I did a level two on course mix. It didn't have any videos so difficult to understand. However did cover early grammer structure and a few new words I hadn't learn't on this level one course. Last week however I found a level 3 which I believe was still with course mix but said it had videos and you didn't have to have any knowledge of BSL at all, but some would be useful. If you go for it please let me know what you think. I am working through a book at present then looking for a level 3 course. Happy signing Sue  
    • Hi all 👋  I've been umming and ahhing about throwing myself in and learning BSL, and I can now proudly say that I've not long started my journey! (very early days and currently only 2 weeks in!)                                As I'm so new to it all right now I'm not too sure whether having someone to practice with would be the best thing (I could probably only sign certain colours and numbers to you haha!), but I'd absolutely like to be able to practice with some of you when I can to help build and embed my knowledged as I would through my course.    I work for a Bank and work from home due to Covid so I don't tend to see anybody to be able to practice, so I'm super excited that I've found this group and can get to know some of you 🙂  Speak to you soon, Anna x
    • Hi there!   I am Jolandi and I recently started with BSL. I am an inspiring teacher and therefore, learning BSL might come in handy one day. 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker