Usayd Islam Tariq

Practise with other beginner BSL users!

Hello Everyone 

Myself and a few other individuals have started a group chat session every Saturday 2pm (GMT). We have already had 1 session and found it very useful. For those wanting to join in on our practise sessions please dm me or comment down below. We are currently using zoom, and I will send you a link to the scheduled meeting. 

If you are just a beginner don't be alarmed or think you are unable to join. I am doing this so that we can actually communicate with each other and benefit with other peoples experience and practise with BSL. On the day I will send/post the link to the meeting for everyone to join.

Come Join In!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Usaid Tariq is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: BSL Weekly Meeting
Time: Jun 27, 2020 02:00 PM London
        Every week on Sat, 7 occurrence(s)
        Jun 27, 2020 02:00 PM
        Jul 4, 2020 02:00 PM
        Jul 11, 2020 02:00 PM
        Jul 18, 2020 02:00 PM
        Jul 25, 2020 02:00 PM
        Aug 1, 2020 02:00 PM
        Aug 8, 2020 02:00 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Weekly: https://us04web.zoom.us/meeting/upwsc-ivpz4rG9X39Jbvk4SWxbiIEpogQ7Is/ics?icsToken=98tyKu6grz8rHd2QsRiGR7Y-BY-gd-3xmCVcjfplz0bPATZYNjDBLuBLG5dvH9_h

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/78141795111?pwd=Q0JjRXBOdmJRMGN2KzF1SktkWU56dz09

Meeting ID: 781 4179 5111
Password: 3dCqGn

• Like 2

Hi, I have just started learning BSL as a hearing person and was wondering if i could join your zoom call next week as I would love to practice with people!

Thanks!

• Like 3

Hello Usayd - this sounds great.  I'd be up for joining in too if there's room for one more.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2020 at 20:05, Usayd Islam Tariq said:

@Den Of course the more the merrier!

Great, thanks.  Unfortunately I won't be able to make today's session though, so see you all next week hopefully.

Hello

Would love to join in this chat if that's okay. I've been learning BSL for about 3 months and would love some practice.

@VanessaH @Shellie @Faith Odi @Jeetus Maximus Sohpal @Mariam Hey Everyone! Thank you all for your patience. 

This weeks meeting has been rescheduled to Sunday 2pm. As things begin to normalise work starting up again, I will need to set future meetings in accordance to such changes. But please do contact any other people within this thread for one to one sessions on days outside the BSL meetings. See you Sunday!

Topic: SUNDAY MEETING
Time: Jul 12, 2020 02:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/77261176955?pwd=bEhtQ0ZXbHFsZXlQbTV5MXF4bFpvQT09

Meeting ID: 772 6117 6955
Password: 3txagC

@douglasmathers @Nicole H @VanessaH @Jeetus Maximus Sohpal @Mariam @Shellie @Faith Odi Hi guys. Yes the meeting is still occurring. I will be absent this week. However there are others who will be joining today. We are covering fingerspelling today to speed up and finger signs much more quickly. We have already covered questions with a small group- which continues to grow.  For all those in this thread take a look and use this code today. Next week on wards I will change the meeting codes to renew them. 

Topic: BSL Meeting
Time: Jul 18, 2020 02:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/77395693865?pwd=MnFXVlp6NjFGUkkzQ0hYV3h4QjVPdz09

Meeting ID: 773 9569 3865
Passcode: V9bVLn

Please join chat and start the session. If it cuts out after 30 minutes, invite those linked here into a new meeting.  

Thank you all again. This is very great to see. 

In addition. I have my notes which I will be sharing today. So keep an eye on this forum or take a look at my profile to see what we covered in questions. 

Usaid