Hello everyone I hope everyone is doing well. I usually host meeting on Saturday 2pm with various other users on this site. Come and join. A few weeks ago we covered questions and and how to sign them. We went over: whats, whos, wheres, why, etc. After we discussed the questions and tried to figure out how to phrase them I noted them all down. My best friend uses BSL on a day to day basis (scottish bsl) but he has volunteered to aid me and answer any question I have in terms of signing and phrasing. So once we finished our session I had him proof read what we covered and the next session we covered it to provide some sense and understanding to use on our day to day learning BSL.

Attached are those notes and questions. Hopefully quality is decent. And you can read my handwriting. If not let me know and I will type it up. 

Usaid Tariq is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: BSL Meeting
Time: Jul 18, 2020 02:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/77395693865?pwd=MnFXVlp6NjFGUkkzQ0hYV3h4QjVPdz09

Meeting ID: 773 9569 3865
Passcode: V9bVLn

Usaid

Questions 1.jpg

Questions 2.jpg

Questions 3.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Hi my name is Mischa and I am 13 years old. I started  these courses about 2-3 months ago and have really enjoyed them so far. So far I know the alphabet,numbers 1-100 without looking at any videos to help me. I know a few jobs and a few signs such as hello and how are you but I am not 100% confident on those yet. I also know most of my colours too. During lock down this has been the perfect thing to do when I am bored because I learn something new each time! My mam mentioned the courses to me a
    • Hi, I have just started the BSL course - I was born slightly deaf in one ear and struggle when there is a lot of noise so rely on lip reading but have always wanted to learn Sign Language. I am also a Teaching Assistant and could potentially have a child starting in September that is deaf but uses Sign Supported English, I know that it uses BSL signs but does anyone else have ant advice/material that would help? TIA
    • I have always been fascinated  when watching people signing on tv, and had promised myself that one day I would learn BSL. This time came during the COVID-19 when I was at home going through my emails, and saw BSL Course on Buyagift at a reduced price. I snapped it up and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the course. So I decided to continue the course with BSL direct. I also work with children and hope that one day this would come in handy
    • Hi, I have always had an interest in learning BSL as I have worked in education for nearly 10 years. However, I started a new job last year as a curriculum lead and a employability tutor. One of my students this year is profoundly deaf. She will have a BSL interpreter, but I felt that if I can at least learn the basics, I can contribute somehow. I am finding it a bit tricky though, I need to practice more. Is there anyone who's learning BSL that is left handed and how are you finding it?
    • Hi, I'm Mei! I'm a student currently pursuing my undergraduate studies in design. I stumbled upon this online course from one of my recommendations on my university's web page and it's amazing. I have been wanting to learn BSL for a while now and this is a great opportunity to pick it up - due to the really clear information and videos. 
    • hi! i'm maya, i'm really new to learning bsl. i like anime and vocaloid music! i'm learning sign language because i'm mute and autistic, and i prefer it over clunky text to speech software or using a notepad. i hope i'm doing this right haha, it's nice to meet you all :)
    • Hi I'm Michelle,  I have always wanted to learn to sign for a while, having this opportunity means a lot.  Working with children on occasion with communication difficulties and this has opened up a communication barrier. Thank you     
    • Heya, My names Alllanah and i have recently decided to take up learning BSL due to needing not only a different career path but life path. I went to college for 3 years studying Art and Design but realized this isn't where i wanted to be in the real world as its very difficult to get into, extremely competitive.  I work in retail and would really like to change my life around and have a purpose to get out of bed in the morning. To help someone during this short stay, we call life.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker