Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bec Meachin

First baby sing and sign class tomorrow…

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Tomorrow I am taking my first 2 classes teaching sing and sign to hearing Mums, Dads and their babies. Wish me luck!

:-)

Unfortunately it wasn’t very good. Not enough people came that were apparently signed up for it, so there just weren’t enough people! I managed to remember everything though, so always good. I’ve just finished all level 1 training for BSL though, so feeling good! One more tutorial online then on to level 2!

Cheers, Bec

1 person likes this

Maybe worth persevering Bec as sometimes groups take a while to get established.  I used to deliver baby signing classes and drop in groups.  It was hard work to get it going but then word of mouth spread and it became very popular quickly.  My confidence was very low when I first started and only a few people turned up but my confidence quickly grew and now I teach adults at certificate level.  I love it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Random BSL Videos

• Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - last 24hrs)

• Hi there, I want to learn it because whenever I see someone who can't speak and struggling to make understand his/her views but unable to express so there I find that if I can help him, it will be so proud moment for me that I can understand him and can translate his/her views to the others.
    • My name sign is the American sign letter K and the middle finger brushing my cheek (specifically my dimple).  Is there a difference between American Deaf Culture and British Deaf Culture on the topic of name signs? Here we don't make our own name signs. Instead, a deaf person will give a name sign to another person. It's kind of a "rite of passage" here.   
    • Hello everyone! I am an ASL/English Interpreter and live in Washington State. I really wish to learn different sign languages around the world and I am so happy to find this forum to learn more BSL. Just in case this video isn't viewable to you, the first part of the video, I introduce myself in BSL. The second half is in ASL where I want to make it clear that I am not here to teach ASL but to learn BSL. I will occasionally share some ASL signs for clarity as BSL is so different and the same sign can have completely opposite meanings or even something very inappropriate in the other sign. As it is with any student and mistakes, do pardon me if I sign something offensive.