I'm learning BSL again after a break of 25 years. You know what they say, use it or loose it! Luckily I've always remembered BSL finger-spelling, which seems to under-pin a lot of signs. I've set up a Signing Support Group at work, as lots of my colleagues are keen to learn too. We work at an historic visitor attraction and want to improve our inclusion efforts for deaf/hearing impaired people.

Has anyone got suggestions for resources that we can use at our monthly meetings? Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Alexia,

The Group I run is for colleagues at work in South Derbyshire. There are 27 of us at present, with 22 of us recently started the online course. 

I'm looking for resources to print out for our monthly meetings so we can learn the signs together & people have something to take away and practice. Not everyone is confident using the internet.

any ideas? What have you come across?

On 10/05/2019 at 11:51, Louise Ramsden said:

Hi Alexia,

The Group I run is for colleagues at work in South Derbyshire. There are 27 of us at present, with 22 of us recently started the online course. 

I'm looking for resources to print out for our monthly meetings so we can learn the signs together & people have something to take away and practice. Not everyone is confident using the internet.

any ideas? What have you come across?

A bit far away from where I am. Sorry, I just wanted to share sign conversations with someone live nearby me. 

Thanks for your reply. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• What are the signs in Scotland for days of the week
    • Hello! My name is Casey. I want to learn more BSL. (ASL translation: I use ASL as my primary language but now I want to learn BSL) Thank you!

I would appreciate if anyone would be willing to practice with me and correct my BSL signs.
    • Hey everyone!
      My name is Michelle and I am here to get to know some BSL users! I would love to get to know someone around my own age (23) to practice with, or to teach me.
      I have been learning on my own for some time now and I am very much still a beginner, but I am evolving, and I love the language and the culture.

I am from Denmark and I am not just looking to practice, I am looking to make friends in the deaf community. Tell me about everything! The good, the bad..the fun!. I myself have not formally been to any BSL classes, but I joined in on some beginner lessons in Oxford last year, and I had a somewhat understandable conversation on BSL with the teacher.

So please message me if you think it could be fun to learn me a thing or two about your life - or your own learning experience (or If you, you know, love cats, Harry Potter, Backpacking and Netflix...really get a hold of me! haha)

• Hi new to BSL wanted to learn for a long time  Now I'm not working I have started an online course  I'm very slow but enjoying learning😀
    • Hi. I am just starting to lead BSL  however I notice a few differences between bsl  and sign language in Scotland.   
    • Honestly - started learning this week just signed up to this today and the first thread I open is someone I know irl! Hi Nimbus Aaron - hope you're okay! x
    • hello my name is Kerry, I have been signing bsl since I was about 15 years old  I was in a carehome with deaf and hearing people and became intrigued in this type of communication it hs always been my dream to become an interpreter im a mother of 3 beautiful children and I am currently doing my level 2 in bsl  just need help to practice to be honest if there is anyone who can help me id be much appreciated  again many thanks in return .  
    • Hello. I just refreshed my BSL Level 1 with an online course which was useful. Sorry not close enough to meet but am available to do video chat if you're interested. Thanks, Rob W.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker