BSL in Schools

Simon (admin)

• 1 month later...

Hi there. My hearing friend and I run a sign language club at our secondary school. I completely agree with the above, as it is such a good feeling as a deaf child to be able to walk into school and sign to someone, especially with my hearing as it is now. We have only been doing it a few weeks, but the club gets bigger every week. It has been really fun, and I agree that sign language should be included as a modern foreign language. I also think it would make it easier on deaf kids in the way of oral and listening exams.

Thanks

Paul 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have just completed my Level 1 and intend continuing with Level 2, hopefully starting in September.  I am a music teacher in an ASL school and next session will  be teaching  An Introduction to BSL course which has been introduced onto the curriculum for S6.  I'm really looking forward to this new challenge and sharing BSL.

• 4 weeks later...

I think schools should learn BSL because here is a few people in my school with hearing difficulties thats why im learning it so i can help them and talk to them im only 12 though and need some help learning but i dont know if i can trust any one on here on video has any one got any ideas that could help me ?????

• Like 1