Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

My name is Dyanna and I am a recent college graduate with a bachelors in biology living in New Mexico. When I was younger my middle school was attached to a hard of hearing school and I never was able to interact with those students. Years later I've finally made the jump to actually learning ASL because it looks cool and you can use it in situations that require silence to communicate (and I want to be sneaky and talk to people in secret lol). I have stated learning the basics on this website called SignSchool and it has been very helpful but, I would love to practice with someone else to actually solidify what I've been learning. So hit me up and lets practice together!!!!

Edited by Dyanna
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I am new to signing. I have wanted to learn, but never took the steps until now. I am a student on online learning. I want to be able to have someone to practice with and become fluent in signing. What time are you available? I live in Nebraska and believe we are an hour or two ahead of you. Let me know if you are interested and what time we could get together. 

Posted

Hi guys ! I am currently taking an ASL class and I would eventually like to become fluent but I have no one to practice with.. I used to have a friend in high school on the bus who was deaf and she taught me a lot of ASL but then she moved away and we lost touch unfortunately. I would love to talk to you guys sometime and get some practice in! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...