Sign in to follow this  
Leani

Hello it's nice to meet you!

Hello my name is Leani. I want to learn sign and I want to make new friends. I hope my video wasn't too terrible. I am trying to learn sign through signschool.com online but learning through communicating with a language is the best way to learn. It's nice to meet you!

Great practice.  We can all help.  First little bit of advice.  The sign for MAKE in ASL does not work the way it does in English.  MAKE in ASL is literally to create something. So for making friends you would want to sign something like FRIENDS ME WANT NEW. You can use MEET, FIND, ACQUIRE.  Just not MAKE.  Make is an English word that has about 10 different uses in English.  In sign, the sign for make is literally to create something.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Sounds like a plan. 
    • hi! I've never taken a formal ASL class and I'm decently new to it, but I've been learning a lot over the internet. perhaps we could do a video chat some time so that you could sharpen your skills and I could learn how to communicate better? let me know :)
    • Hi there, My name is Stephanie. Back in college, I took 3 years of ASL for my foreign language requirement and loved it! I have been out of practice for about 4 years now, and realized how rusty I was when this past year when2 separate times, I ran into a member of the deaf community that I needed to communicate with for work reasons, and felt like it had all left me. Hopefully I can find someone to practice with from time to time!
    • Little bit about why I'm interested in ASL. I have always wanted to learn signing and did take a class at a church about 10 years ago for a few weeks. My wife has a severe hearing loss of 90% and has wore hearing aids for 47 years. She communicates well when 1 on 1. her loss started at 45% but has gotten worse over the years. She has not been interested in learning ASL. I want to learn it and hopefully can teach her at home since she wont take a college class with me. I am enrolling in a ASL class my self starting in Jan. 2019 . I have been online with a free program "Start ASL". I want to get more exposure show I'm signing up here also.