Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

 

Transcript: Hello all!  My name is Daron.  This video is just to let you all know a bit about me.  First, I’m from Virginia. I’m 19 years old.  Andright now I’m on an ATV  camping trip in West Virginia.  Thats all!  Thanks 😁

 

  • Like 3
Posted

Hi!! I'm new to signing, and the site. From Canada. Your signs are different... I don't know how to explain really which ones, how you say what age you are, and the number sign looks different too. All a little confusing for someone new. Do you know a sign for the word "website" ? I try to search it and get websites for asl, but not the sign for the word, lol.  

Posted

@PenrosePirateHey! Welcome to the site! Yeah if you're signing in Canada, you'll likely see different variations of what we use here in America, although that stands true even for different states and counties within the U.S.  If you're ever wondering which version of a sign to use, ask around your local Deaf community, and use what they do.  Anyway, about how I signed my age, I actually agree it does look weird!  It seems odd for a couple reasons, first because I didn't sign "I AM" or "ME" before my age, and that's because I had already signed it once at the beginning of my list of things about me, so it was unnecessary to sign it again.  Secondly because I used a version of the sign for "AGE-19" that my local community uses but I've not seen just about anywhere else.  Here's a good video that explains signing your age pretty well:

 

For the number itself, I used the first variation shown in this video:

And as far as the sign for website, I use the W-W-W version, essentially a W handshape  that you bounce twice while moving slightly to the right.  The second sign I do in the vid below is "ONLINE" or "INTERNET", just cause it seemed relevant :)

Sorry for the spam, hope this helps!

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi Daron, 

You mentioned that these chat rooms aren't the greatest.   These are the only chat rooms I've been in.  What do the other chat rooms have to offer?   I just got skype and chatted with my daughter once.  I signed just as poorly in skype as I do in these chat rooms.  

Angelo

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • When several deadlines come together, students can easily feel overwhelmed and start searching for ways to do my assignment. However, learning how to plan the research and organize ideas can make academic work much easier to manage. This article offers some useful suggestions for approaching difficult coursework in a more organized way. Definitely an informative read for students.
    • Writing a thesis can be challenging when research, critical analysis, referencing, and academic deadlines all need careful attention. Students working on complex research projects may find Thesis writing services useful for organising their ideas, reviewing drafts, and improving the structure and clarity of their academic work.
    • Originality and accurate referencing are important when preparing academic research. Students looking for plagiarism free dissertation help should consider services that focus on original writing, proper citations, proofreading, and careful editing. A reliable provider can also help improve the structure and presentation of a dissertation while ensuring that sources are appropriately acknowledged. Checking the provider’s quality standards and revision policy can help students choose suitable academic support for their research project.
    • At Faisalabad Fabric Store Canada, we bring 15 years of wholesale experience and our own in-house manufacturing to our linen collection. We already supply several boutique owners across Canada, from Toronto and Mississauga to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Surrey. Linen is the fabric Canadian South Asian shoppers move to once lawn season ends, and we keep our production and stock built around that shift, so your store doesn’t have a gap between summer and winter collections. Wholesale Pakistani Linen Suits
×
×
  • Create New...