Hi everyone,

My name is Leah. I am 23 years old and I'm a complete beginner to BSL. I am a primary school teacher and despite having no children in my school who currently use sign language I've always been super keen to learn it. Due to having a lot of time now with the current situation, I thought it is a great opportunity for me to learn and give me something to do while being stuck in a small room on my own for who knows how long.
It would be great to find some people to practise with to check I'm doing the right thing etc.

:) 

Edited by Leah Tomison

Hi Leah - likewise - but i'm not a teacher - I just want to learns something new!, let me know if you want some practice time!

Hi everyone. Excuse my first attempts, it is easier when I don’t have an audience but I need to push myself out of my comfort zone otherwise what is the point of learning?

I have always wanted to learn. I have also signed my kids up, who I am helping to teach and practise.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Robin said:

Hi Leah - likewise - but i'm not a teacher - I just want to learns something new!, let me know if you want some practice time!

Would be great to! 

Hi I'm Scott,

I had started learning BSL but the class got put on hold due to COVID 19. Looking for a way to continue to practice and learn new things. We had passes 1.01 and had started on 1.02. Let me know if you're interested in chatting!

Scott

agree - 

and will start a zoom now if anyone wants to join - 

is it secure to share email addresses - or should we get the BSL website to arrange this?

53 minutes ago, Lmobbshill said:

Hi everyone. Excuse my first attempts, it is easier when I don’t have an audience but I need to push myself out of my comfort zone otherwise what is the point of learning?

I have always wanted to learn. I have also signed my kids up, who I am helping to teach and practise.

good on you!- out of comfort zone! - and your doing very well!

Thank you.

Hello Everyone :) Similarly, I have signed up to learn BSL as a 1:1 LSA at Primary. I currently use a small amount of Makaton at school with another child but keen to use any free time to improve my skills :) 

Good morning all,

Fellow Primary School Teacher looking to learn a new skill. Some children in my school learn Makaton and one of them may be in my class next year so hoping to learn some things to help them. Learning alongside my fellow Year 1 teacher (2 form entry) so hopefully we can practise with each other!

• Like 1

Hello Everyone, 

I'm Emma, I'm 23 and I'm a PhD student in Food Science. I have always had an interest in signed languages, so when I discovered a sign language society at my university I decided to join. I've been learning the basics since October, but due to COVID-19 cancelling our classes, when I saw the British-Sign course advertised I wanted to continue learning. I don't know anyone who has BSL as their first language, but having worked on a few shows at my university theatre which have used BSL I've been motivated to understand it.