Sign in to follow this  
ParamedicAC

New Signs

Although not strictly about a specific  sign, I was wondering if anyone could help...

Does anyone know which council or committee are in charge of deciding on a new sign being accepted into BSL? And, if there is any way to request a new sign to be 'created'? 

I've done some research and although the most official-looking BSL dictionary was put together by the BDA, I wonder who actually approved the common signs nationally. 

I saw that a Scottish Deaf scientist introduced many words as a new standard for scientific terms (as they were "tiresome" to fingerspell every time) but can't find out who approved of these. Even Wikipedia has drawn a blank. 

If anyone knows anything about the above I'd be very interested to learn, thanks!