Basic Sentence Structure

Hi everyone,

My friend and I are currently learning BSL from the beginning.  We have no previous background knowledge to any sign language, and are currently struggling in Level 1 as we believe we do not fully understand the overall sentence structure ruling..

We are currently on topic 7 called: Timelines & Tenses, Time, Money, Calendar
Here are the two phrases that we are stuck on (English first, then BSL) :

• See you this afternoon = This afternoon see you
  • Tomorrow I am going on holiday = Tomorrow I go holiday

If anyone has any information on any basic learner sentence structure for us to follow, please could you describe it in response to this.  We feel we are struggling with some of the topics as we find ourselves questioning why some sentences are structured differently to others.

Thanks in advance,

Adam :)

Hi Adam

The reasoning behind the different sentence structuring is mainly because there isnt a sign for every word so it had to be broken down into what had been made instead.

So your examples are correct to the best of my knowledge. If you want I have a drive full of help sheets and videos that I can send over so you have reference to go by.

12 hours ago, Rob Brindlow said:

Hi Adam

The reasoning behind the different sentence structuring is mainly because there isnt a sign for every word so it had to be broken down into what had been made instead.

So your examples are correct to the best of my knowledge. If you want I have a drive full of help sheets and videos that I can send over so you have reference to go by.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the response!  That sounds ideal to our situation and we would greatly appreciate if you could provide these help sheets for us.  We feel we are doubting ourselves almost every time we attempt to create a sentence so any resources will be helpful.

Thank you once again.

Hi Adam.

No worries, I use a file transfer site called wetransfer to send out anything normal emails find too big. So if you can send me your email address through a private on here then I will send all the files tonight if that's ok and if you want can try to explain a  it further

Hi Rob

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on yours and Adams conversation, but i have been having similar issues and was wondering if you would be able to send me some help sheets, sorry again to jump on the band wagon it would be very much appreciated,