Sign in to follow this  
BSLnews

British Sign Language GCSE

An article in The Independent a few days ago that shares the news that the government is "open to considering" a new GCSE in British Sign Language.  This came after 35,000 signatures were collected in a campaign to see BSL taught more widely in schools.

You can read the full article here: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/british-sign-language-gcse-government-nick-gibb-campaign-school-a8377466.html

GCSE BSL.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Beginner to BSL  Final year occupational therapy student 
    • I am doing level 1 on line and could do with some practice.  Please e mail me at [email protected] and we can arrange to meet in the video room. th thanks  
    • I have a fascination with learning a new language all my life. I guess I just love the idea of being able to communicate with people from different cultures and backgrounds. I've learnt 'little bits' from a few languages; mainly around saying "hello, how are you?", that sort of thing, and having lived in both Germany and Cyprus, I have tried to learn German and Greek, being able to speak and read a good amount of each language. However I struggled to hold a conversation as I couldn't translate f
    • Hi. my name is Scott and I have recently retired from L&D. I have always enjoyed learning new skills and have, for some time now, wanted to learn BSL. I actually started an on-line course about a year ago and then work got in the way. Well I don't have that 'excuse' anymore, so have re-started my course and am enjoying learning once again. I live in the Liverpool area, and would welcome any support in learning this new skill.
      I have been wanting to learn BSL for the longest time. I am a primary school teacher... in university I learnt Makaton and have since used this in practice. As an NQT its hard to find time to learn things outside of what you need to do so like a lot of people making the most of Covid-19 isolation 
    • Hi, I am new to sign language and have decided as I work in healthcare and want to make sure I can communicate with all of my patients. Speaking to a healthcare professional is difficult enough without being able to speak freely to them!  
    • Hi Mark, I too am trying to learn for work. Im a nurse so for similar reasons 
    • Hello,  I am a police officer and recently had to deal with people who are deaf and it was rather challenging. I was wanting to learn a bit of basic BSL so that I communicate at least a little bit should this come up again
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker